GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jetta electrics gone nuts

isyoucrazy

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow my 06 jetta is really starting to act weirdly lately.
I've had numerous EPC + Exhaust warning lights come on and off during late March to mid April (car is completely stock)
Dealer couldn't find any faults and basically they reflashed the ECU software to a different version.

Anyway come last Monday and the damn EPC light comes back on again (sometimes it'll turn itself off after switching off engine).

Took it straight to dealer this time, and they've pulled a whole lot of electric faults recorded and advised me to leave the car with them next week for at least 3 days for them to find out the exact cause.

Yesterday my lights went crazy.

Basically regardless of whether the light switch is at OFF/Auto/ON as long as the handbrake is not engaged, my low beams turn on....

Pull the handbrake and lights function as normal...

My car has gone completely nuts :mad:

AJW

Go Kart Newbie
I'd be checking the Earth & Positive terminals on the battery - make sure they're tight.

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
The handbrake/lights thing sounds exactly like the 'daytime running lights' setup that is required in USA. Is your MFD showing fuel consumption in miles per gallon?

I'd be checking your Instrument Cluster module with a VAG-com to make sure it's not coded for USA or something other than Australia. Otherwise it's probably a setting in Central Electronics module but which one I don't know without looking.

Maybe when they reflashed they didn't finish the coding properley.

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Might be DRLs set by mistake.
You don't necessarily need to have your instrument cluster set to US. As long as the correct codes are altered you can have DRLs for any region (at least in Golfs)

isyoucrazy

Passed Driver's Ed
the trip computer is still in km/h and Litres etc

Assuming it's DRL settings then it might be time to invest in a vag-com

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
IIRC you need to change the country setting to get rid of the chime.
Of course, that means some other things might change too.

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
Hey bro, where in VAG-COM do you switch off the seatbelt chime??? I can't stand that thing

Control Module 17 (instrument cluster)

Write down the existing coding for future reference.
Look at the third and fourth digits in the coding (00??x0x). Add the values for the options together and put them in the third and fourth digit location to get the correct coding.

00 - No available equipment
+01 - Brakepad wear sensor warning active
+02 - Seatbelt warning active
+04 - Washer fluid level warning active
+16 - Sedan (Jetta)

So, if your stock Soft Coding is 0023203 and you want to remove the seatbelt chime, put in a new value of 0021203. (Link)

funny

Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Hmm seems not...

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
Yeah the country change thing was for US cars with HIDs (they were standard on GTIs) to get the other set of lamps on with high beam. They had to code to UK or something. In AU they both come on with high beam anyway so it's not a problem.