GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JDM Wheels Thread!!

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Dude...seriously? You made us wait all this time to see your new hotness and that's what we get?

Don't worry, I'm not done yet, I only had time to take that one picture yesterday. I wanted to wash it and put the dual phase caps on before I took more. I bought anti seize last night so I can put them in today.

There'll be more updates in the next couple months too, still have rear brakes and coilovers on the immediate to do list.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Because you are Asian. What Asian runs fake wheels? A cheap one.
:lol: I could be a cheap one. They don't know that
Don't worry, I'm not done yet, I only had time to take that one picture yesterday. I wanted to wash it and put the dual phase caps on before I took more. I bought anti seize last night so I can put them in today.

There'll be more updates in the next couple months too, still have rear brakes and coilovers on the immediate to do list.
You better not be lying.... :lol:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
:lol: I could be a cheap one. They don't know that

You better not be lying.... :lol:

I'm not, I don't have any parts to show off yet but I did get some pictures.

Just a quick one from my friend's garage while we were attaching my camera to his tripod.

I went downtown to get pictures with some cool condos.

Last edited:

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Love those TE's!! Any plans to lower it more?

Thanks. I'm still at the point where I can't help but giggle whenever I look at them.

Ya, I am planning on lowered it. It's on stock suspension now, luckily TE37's tend to look good regardless of what they're on so it doesn't look horrible as is but going lower can only improve things.

I'm calling a local body shop in the morning to set up an appointment to get my front fenders rolled this week. You can see they poke a little in one of the pictures. I'm autocrossing on the weekend so I need to get the fenders fixed before then.

I'm doing the rear brakes next, working on a custom kit with my mechanic. Depending on how long that takes I'll either do coilovers afterwards or during.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
Whoa, et11 and 9? That's one aggressive setup, what size tires are you running? Looks mean as hell.

Not so crazy. Its all been done before and not using fifteen52 flares.
Ye sure I bet he's running wide tyres- race car and all that but I've got 18x8.5 et10 f & 9.5 et20 r.

And superskyline- please lower it a tad more. I know your not a low sort of guy but still needs some of that gap to be gone. My opinion only but would look so much better once done- love the wheel and finish you chose- looks great. You minx me asking what you are charged to get them stripped and coated?

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
It's not lowered at all right now, I'm going to do KW Variant III's. When depends on how long the rear brakes will take. I'm having the front fenders rolled tomorrow.

I agree it will look better and it was always the intention. I haven't done it yet because I'm not rushing the process and with the cost of the parts I have to do things one piece at a time.

I was quoted $500 for powdercoating and paint by a very good shop, but another shop my mechanic uses offered to do it for $450 so I sent them there. They messed up so I only paid them $350, frankly I probably should have paid even less. Two of the wheels have patches in the barrels where they missed powder but I was past the point of giving them another chance and it's not noticeable.