Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Hey Guys,
i think i got a problem and i would like to know what you think about that "issue".
first of all, its not till the redline - i know that, road was not long enough. But i discovered some serious knock on ign2 and ign3 even its now high on boost. i run a map6, very smooth as far as i think. After i discovered the knock, i switched back to map1 and even here i got knock on Cyl2.

8.8 firmware with BT adapter
Fuel is 98ROZ (German Spec)
Car: Skoda Octavia 5e vRS (CHHB Engine)
Mods: Euro6 catted Downpipe, OEM intake and Stainless Steel Exhaust + GFB recirculating valve

by the way, it detects also knock on Cylinder2 when its on 30% pedal how can that be?

Map6:
https://datazap.me/u/so3/log-1623913458?log=0&data=1-4-11-14-18-25-26

Map1:
https://datazap.me/u/so3/log-1623913458?log=1&data=1-3-4-18-25-26

Map6: no boost but knock on Cylinder 2???
https://datazap.me/u/so3/log-1623913458?log=2&data=1-4-5-9-11-14-18-19-26

EDIT: did another Map2 run, and some knock again:
https://datazap.me/u/so3/log-1623920828?log=2&data=1-4-14-18-25-26

i did also some Map0 pulls, what should i say, no KR on any Cyl...
is it maybe crappy 98ROZ fuel?
i was wondering because many other people run 23psi or more boost :-/

any help is appreciated
thanks
Start with checking plugs or just replace if they have 15k+ km on them.

Its not that bad though but when it pulls timing for that long something is probably off.

KR without load is not really an issue though but again something that it generally should not do often or over extended periods.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
I saw in a thread that you had just installed that bicooler and ambient was around 80 right? Then it should perform better, did you check everything during install? Those hoses can have a lot of overflow in the t connection that needs to be trimmed.
Yeah i can see my iats are pretty high. I took the tray off from underneath to check the hose fitment, everything looks like its hooked up snug. There is a piece on the bend in the front that is beings pressed by the bumber slightly but if looks like it would still allow airflow. There is about a 1/8 gap in the fitment if one of the t’s butcthe clamp is on there tight and is secure. I take it that the ends of the connection to the stock intercooler spot on the hoses iscthe part that people usually trim af an angle for better fitment?

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Yeah i can see my iats are pretty high. I took the tray off from underneath to check the hose fitment, everything looks like its hooked up snug. There is a piece on the bend in the front that is beings pressed by the bumber slightly but if looks like it would still allow airflow. There is about a 1/8 gap in the fitment if one of the t’s butcthe clamp is on there tight and is secure. I take it that the ends of the connection to the stock intercooler spot on the hoses iscthe part that people usually trim af an angle for better fitment?
I mean on the inside of the hoses did you make sure all the passages was clear.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
So i tried to trim one the best i could with only the skid tray off. What i ended up doing that i believe ended up solving it was readjust the a few of the clamps as they were slightly on the lip instead of behind it one one side of each. I think somehow this was letting some air in/escape and affecting iats. I will log tomorrow since im at work now and see how the iats look. I did a couple of pulls today and temps were about 15 degrees over ambiant at wot.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
So i tried to trim one the best i could with only the skid tray off. What i ended up doing that i believe ended up solving it was readjust the a few of the clamps as they were slightly on the lip instead of behind it one one side of each. I think somehow this was letting some air in/escape and affecting iats. I will log tomorrow since im at work now and see how the iats look. I did a couple of pulls today and temps were about 15 degrees over ambiant at wot.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
No i didnt really check inside. If problems persist I will take it all apart and check

Jambroni

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra ST
So I removed the hood noise damperer and first now noticed flutter sound between 3-4k rpm at WOT in low gear. I've checked my MST intake twice, can't find any leaks.

Is it just overboost causing this? Any concerns? It does it on my map 6 but also map 4. Map 0 (disabled) it doesn't do it.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
So I removed the hood noise damperer and first now noticed flutter sound between 3-4k rpm at WOT in low gear. I've checked my MST intake twice, can't find any leaks.

Is it just overboost causing this? Any concerns? It does it on my map 6 but also map 4. Map 0 (disabled) it doesn't do it.
Unless you feel some surging stumble on accel its just the DV being overactive as it is used more for boost control on Simos 18.10 cars.

Ekim81

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hi guys! New here but been on Vortex for a long time and have been running JB4's on a few successive VW's.

Ran into a problem last night and I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light on what's happening. I've got a 2019 Golf R running a JB4 on Map 4, CTS catted downpipe, inlet pipe, intake pipe and panel filter, and a turbo muffler delete. I ran the car out at the local strip at the end of last summer and was pretty happy with the results. I was running Petro 94 octane and was doing pretty consistent 12.2s @ 112 on a 3600ft DA day. Last night I went out and couldn't get better than a 12.8@106. Nothing has changed on the setup of the car aside from running Chevron 94 this time around. DA was around 3600ft all evening, so I'm not sure why the car was down so much on power. Looking at the logs it seems to go very rich as soon as it's into 3rd gear. Did I get a bad tank of fuel or is there something else going on I need to chase?

One run from last year, when the car was running 12.2..
https://datazap.me/u/mtennese/august-2020?log=0&data=1-4

Three runs from last night. One on Map 2 and two on Map 4...
https://datazap.me/u/mtennese/june-2021?log=0&data=1-4

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi guys! New here but been on Vortex for a long time and have been running JB4's on a few successive VW's.

Ran into a problem last night and I'm hoping you guys might be able to shed some light on what's happening. I've got a 2019 Golf R running a JB4 on Map 4, CTS catted downpipe, inlet pipe, intake pipe and panel filter, and a turbo muffler delete. I ran the car out at the local strip at the end of last summer and was pretty happy with the results. I was running Petro 94 octane and was doing pretty consistent 12.2s @ 112 on a 3600ft DA day. Last night I went out and couldn't get better than a 12.8@106. Nothing has changed on the setup of the car aside from running Chevron 94 this time around. DA was around 3600ft all evening, so I'm not sure why the car was down so much on power. Looking at the logs it seems to go very rich as soon as it's into 3rd gear. Did I get a bad tank of fuel or is there something else going on I need to chase?

One run from last year, when the car was running 12.2..
https://datazap.me/u/mtennese/august-2020?log=0&data=1-4

Three runs from last night. One on Map 2 and two on Map 4...
https://datazap.me/u/mtennese/june-2021?log=0&data=1-4
What was the ambient temperatures between now and then?