GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IT'S ABOUT TIME! LSD

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
ECS & USP charge extra for the bolts for the Wavetrac diff. Just checked with them. Any reason why Wavetrac over Peloquin?

Sorry man, but there is something wrong as I bought 3 wavetrac lsds from them and I am sure the bolts are included.

It is even written here "ARP fasteners are used throughout".
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...Differential-MK5-6-DSG-Front-Wheel-Drive.html

Manual gearbox "ARP fasteners are used throughout"
http://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volks...fferential-VW-6spd-Front-Wheel-Drive-02Q.html

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
The link to the manual one has the option to add an ARP bolt kit which brings the price up to match the DSG diff. It does say it has ARP bolts throughout but that's either inside the diff or just because they copied the same description.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
So is Wavetrac for more track & high HP? I am only using for daily driving. I just need something to help from spinning the first three gears.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
So is Wavetrac for more track & high HP?

Dunno if there is a difference between how much power they can handle, gonna need a bigger turbo than a gt28 to find out for sure. I went with Peloquin, Gary has been specializing in VW trans and really knows his stuff.

Wavetrack looks good as well, dunno how often you will be in a zero grip situation with one wheel unless you are three wheelin' it on a track.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I think that's a fair conclusion, I couldn't see a car being driven hard enough on the street to really benefit from the wave profile part

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Dunno if there is a difference between how much power they can handle, gonna need a bigger turbo than a gt28 to find out for sure. I went with Peloquin, Gary has been specializing in VW trans and really knows his stuff.

Wavetrack looks good as well, dunno how often you will be in a zero grip situation with one wheel unless you are three wheelin' it on a track.

What was your impression with Peloquin? Was this before or after the KO4?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Went K04, got tired of the one wheel peel and needed a clutch so I bought the LSD along with the clutch and shift forks. A lot of stuff to do while you have the trans off, here is the parts I ended up using:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3767024#post3767024

When it was unboxed it looked great and was a real quality piece. Install went great as I just needed the factory shims.

It transforms the way the car puts power down, you can drive differently. I can honestly say this without and purchase rationalization nonsense, this is one of the best modifications you can do.

It takes getting used to, this was my first FWD car with a LSD. When you go around a corner you can stay on the gas without spinning the inside tire. Its weird to feel getting pulled through a corner just as you would in straight line acceleration.

It will also highlight issues with understeer and tire grip, all my next planned modifications are suspension and chassis.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Massive understeer when powering through a corner and body roll. The LSD really allows you to attack corners.

Swaybars and bushings are going on once construction on my garage gets done.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
I'm still leaning toward Peloquin because Gary specialized in VW & it's less expensive. The kits included with no additional charge. I mean why should ARP bolts be an option & cut corners like that?

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Clutch came in the other day. Gonna order the steel shifter forks next then the LSD :)

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Massive understeer when powering through a corner and body roll. The LSD really allows you to attack corners.

Swaybars and bushings are going on once construction on my garage gets done.

My car is designed around being a daily driver but with some upgraded shocks/springs, bunch of whiteline bushings, sway bars it stays well planted for a daily driver when powering out of corners like this one. This allows me to use much more power now to overcome some of the understeer tendancies.

SIIIICK08

Ready to race!
Just ordered steel shift forks & Peloquin LSD. Should be in by end of the week. Honestly I would of held off longer cuz it's such an expensive upgrade. But existing clutch was slipping so seemed like i didn't have much of a choice.

FMX_DBC

Dirt Bike Craig
Car(s)
'06 Tornado Red GTI
very nice! should be a blast!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Just ordered steel shift forks & Peloquin LSD. Should be in by end of the week. Honestly I would of held off longer cuz it's such an expensive upgrade. But existing clutch was slipping so seemed like i didn't have much of a choice.

I can hardly wait to read your review. The LSD is going to make seem like an all new car.