GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intercooler installation...fan clearance?

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
I am installing a Unitronic intercooler and am having some issues with clearance of the radiator fans. I also have Neuspeed charge and discharge pipes. Once I got the radiator/intercooler/AC together and am putting everything else together, I am finding that the fans are bound on the boost pipes and will not turn. Is there any secret to getting this all to fit with proper clearances? Clearly, how things are currently is not going to work. Thanks for your advice.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Okay I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Okay....I had a chance to take a look at it tonight. Turns out I didn't have one of the little push-on side brackets on correctly (even though they only fit on one way, they still can be flipped 180 side to side) and had neither fastened to the bumper yet and that was causing the clearance issues. Kinda hit a bump in the road in the install last time and quit at that point. Glad I did cause looking at everything with fresh eyes I immediately saw what the issue was. Once I got that all straightened out, everything fit just fine without any issues....fans have plenty of room back there without having to bend anything with the throttle body pipe. She's all buttoned up now and bumper back on ready to go. I'm interested to see if I notice any change in driving characteristics, but am not expecting much as I'm still on a stock tune (going APR stage II soon and eventually K04, which will be where I'm sure the advantage of this intercooler will become more apparent). Honestly, I just enjoy spending time working on this car. Thanks to everyone who posted for your advice.....definitely appreciated!