GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had $15,000 to spend on a USED car

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
http://tinyurl.com/qbrdl78
http://tinyurl.com/ouc4bxx
http://tinyurl.com/pmbs9yh

I'm not saying they are the cleanest ones, but you can find high-mileage ones.

Those fall under the "beat to shit" category in my book lol. These cars usually live a very hard life. Its one thing to buy a Honda with 125K miles on it and expect to daily it, its another to buy any performance based car (especially a Mitsubishi). I would only buy one with that many miles if it was a one owner car that some old guy you know has kept it stock-ish and its been well maintained its entire life. I would say 90% or more of Evolution owners only buy this car because of how well they respond to modifications and how well they perform on track. Odds are at this point that you will have a very tough time finding a low mileage, unmolested car for that little coin.

I went to go buy a used EvoIX at a car dealership back in 09' for a new daily driver on top of my other Evo. It was all stock, had 20K miles, had a clean title and one owner. I requested getting it on the lift before buying it so I could check out the underside ... it looked like the car was used for rally, the entire floor pan was covered in football sized dents. It drove pretty good and looked great up top as it had a fresh coat of paint, but upon further inspection it looks like I almost bought a retired WRC car lol. My Evo only has 55K miles on it, ~40K miles of those miles are track mile at WOT, sliding, going off track and beaten to crap. It shows pretty well up top as it has a partial wrap and I have all the stock components still, it will be returned to stock one day and be sold as another low mileage Evo on the market for $20-30K lol. This is how Evo owners do it because an Evo with $20K in mods only sells for a few thousand more than a stock one at best, so they part it out and sell it stock to recoup some money. Everything on my car was purchased from the EvoM forum "yard sales" other than my engine internals and clutch, you guys should check out how many parts are available over there and how fast things move lol.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
1997 M3 for 8 grand.. Gut it and make it a racecar for another 8 grand..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
hmm what to choose?

e36 m3 (dump the rest on vanos maintenance)
e39 m5
e36 z3 3.0i clownshoe (2001-2002)
ap1 s2000 (prob ap2 trans swap if track toy)
c5 vette (z06 perhaps)
2004ish mustang cobra, throw a supercharger
mk4 R32, mod with remainder on budget/maintenance
Maybe f150 SVT lightning.
TJ wrangler and lift it, big wheel and tires.

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Well i had over $15,000 dollars to spend on a car, new or used. And i decided on a golf 5dr mk7 tdi 4motion. I was looking for a small car that had 4 doors (or 5 if you count the boot) enough room in the back to fit family and friends, looked good, for obvious reasons, wasn't hard on petrol, was reliable and wasn't going to cost too mich to look after. All that led me to a golf which then brought me to a golf mk7. But if my budget was lower i would have got a golf that matched my budget

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

While I do like these, personally, finding a decent one for $15k might be hard....prices are uber high on them

And they were S/C'd from the factory already, unless you meant upgrading the S/C

Pontiac GTO (LS2)

Another good option

But if he's looking at a newer Dart, something sounds like he needs something practical & reliable/newer....not a racecar

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
While I do like these, personally, finding a decent one for $15k might be hard....prices are uber high on them

And they were S/C'd from the factory already, unless you meant upgrading the S/C

Another good option

But if he's looking at a newer Dart, something sounds like he needs something practical & reliable/newer....not a racecar

i assumed they cost that much, considering late 90's cobra's are around $10k with s/c, if i can install myself, i don't mind that too. i'd most likely go for an older m car anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
AP2 S2K without a doubt. Clean e36 M3. Any evo for 15k has been beat to shit and is most likely garbage. Although rare, a low mileage 90's tt car like the rx7, 300zx, or vr4.

gti330ex

Go Kart Newbie
A e46 ZHP 330i comes to my mind. Probably bec I miss my 330ci sports package and/or bec I see one eveytime I enter my neighborhood - lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

\w/

Ready to race!
If im financially limited like your friend, id get a new corolla ... or save ~1,500 and get a brand new golf.

If you're having financial issues, last thing you wanna do is spend $ on car repairs

GTIBEN

Ready to race!
hmm what to choose?

e36 m3 (dump the rest on vanos maintenance)
e39 m5
e36 z3 3.0i clownshoe (2001-2002)
ap1 s2000 (prob ap2 trans swap if track toy)
c5 vette (z06 perhaps)
mk4 R32, mod with remainder on budget/maintenance
Maybe f150 SVT lightning.
TJ wrangler and lift it, big wheel and tires.

You will not find a z06 or terminator for 15k unless with crazy high miles or something wrong with it..