GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you had $15,000 to spend on a USED car

TooManyHobbies

Ready to race!
What would you get?

Friend of mine has some financial challenges, but has a budget of $15,000. He's strongly considering a lightly used Dodge Dart SXT turbo, with about 13,000 miles on it. It's loaded, and its a " nice " car.. but I'm curious what everyone else would get.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
What's the goal?

Most performance for 15k fwd?
Most performance for 15k rwd?
Reliability/cost of ownership for 15k?
Most luxury for 15k?
Best all wheel drive?
Chick magnet?
Man magnet?
Truck?
Family vehicle?
Vehicle to show how green and politically correct you are?

TooManyHobbies

Ready to race!
all fair questions.. but that's just it. Based on YOUR personality and where you are now.. what would you buy.

For him he's looking for something sporty and bigger than a miata to throw his kiddo into ( he also has an SUV so a back seat isnt the biggest priority )

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
Evo 8, Honda S2000, 1.8L Miata, E36 M3, MKV/6 GTI. These are the cars I would get based off my interests. If your buddy is looking at Dart's then we clearly have WAY different interests when it comes to cars.

Also I work at FCA, I drive those everyday so if you or your buddy has any questions about any 15 or under Chrysler product ask away.

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
With $15K I would buy me a low mileage E46 330i ZHP... one of few cars I regret getting rid of :(

you can acquire and Evo8 for ~15K?.. no way...
If your paying under 20K for one its either a race car thats been pieced together back to stock, rebuilt title or beat to shit.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
With $15K I would buy me a low mileage E46 330i ZHP... one of few cars I regret getting rid of :(

If your paying under 20K for one its either a race car thats been pieced together back to stock, rebuilt title or beat to shit.

I agree with the BMW choice.

Carlos Fandango

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTD DSG
I had an E46 330i SE touring for 7 years, great car, still miss it, our replacement E91 touring isn't as good.

herbie

Ready to race!
If I had 15K extra to burn, I'd get an S52 Swapped E30 or a fully prepped E36 M3. But that's because I have the Mk7 to daily drive. If I didn't, I'd get a used mk7 Launch Edition 2 door golf.

Last edited: