GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to get over a breakup?!

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
i nominate Dubessa and Haleyann as co-head forum personal therapists. All in favor say "I"

By this, do you mean at the same time? Because...co head would be awesome.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
By this, do you mean at the same time? Because...co head would be awesome.

Yes, at the same time. It's a double effort type deal.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd like to see that co-head in progress.... experience... i mean, implemented...

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Max, I've been there.

I was in my early 20s when I was engaged to girl I had dated for over a year, I was her first real boyfriend, she was, well, let's say a SMIDGE younger than me...LOL......anyway, long story short, she started banging a good friend of mine and then ended it with me. Which is when I found out she was nailing him.

Depression doesn't BEGIN to approach what happened to me there. She was only my second real girlfriend, so it was hard on me too. Those were DARK times......but I think it's important to be sad, it's better than trying to push it aside and ignore it. Life sucks right now, but it will get better.

Sounds corny, I know, but it's actually true.

Know what would really help you get your mind off it?

Going out for an amazing and FUN Track Day..... ;)

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Sorry I am a bros before hoes kinda guy. Losing a girl just frees up more time for me and travel. Its Superbowl time too. More guy stuff! Then I got the best buds around. Not that I get depressed but they keep reminding me that I drive a gti. I can get any girl I want! Lol. Look up Tom leykis and be educated my friend.

Brexin

Ready to race!
Find someone else. Most times when i ran into this we'd hook up when both of us are between relationships, say we'll try working it out but at the end you'll just have to find someone else to be happy with. Part of life, start living it!

Butchered by Tapatalk using Galaxy 2

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
O.O there's going to be honey too??

this couldn't possibly get any better for me.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Max, I've been there.

I was in my early 20s when I was engaged to girl I had dated for over a year, I was her first real boyfriend, she was, well, let's say a SMIDGE younger than me...LOL......anyway, long story short, she started banging a good friend of mine and then ended it with me. Which is when I found out she was nailing him.

Depression doesn't BEGIN to approach what happened to me there. She was only my second real girlfriend, so it was hard on me too. Those were DARK times......but I think it's important to be sad, it's better than trying to push it aside and ignore it. Life sucks right now, but it will get better.

Sounds corny, I know, but it's actually true.

Know what would really help you get your mind off it?

Going out for an amazing and FUN Track Day..... ;)

Believe me, I am kicking myself sometimes for selling the car that would have made track day a bit more fun ;). I am not tracking the TDI though, its just not going to be fun. We'll see I think long term plans are def to do more of that.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
First off sorry to hear how you are feeling, it's never any fun for someone to feel the way you're feeling.
Like everyone has said, do whatever you can to take your mind off of her..... It's ok if she pops back into your head from time to time, this is normal ....
One thing I can guarantee is that as long as you're keeping yourself busy (ie work , school, hookers, drugs , sports ,reading, tv, working out, walking the dog, cooking ( which I recommend btw), that time will heal your wounds... It's still fresh and because YOU didn't end it , your pain is going to be more intense , but definitely start telling yourself that you're better without her and that she wasn't right for you, she didn't want long term with you so you should keep telling yourself that continuing this relationship would have blown in the long run and getting out of it now may have saved you heartache in the future. Talking about it can help as well but only if its about how she's not right for you and how you'll be better off without her. Finding a new girl to talk to can always help , just don't attach yourself to anyone to quickly because you're trying to fix the problem fast , take your time and let it happen naturally... I mean you want the next relationship to be amazing dont you?

Good luck buddy !

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
While being with someone does have its perks, I miss being single.

I don't say that because I miss the random hookups; I've never been the player type. My current relationship just surpassed the 3 year mark last month, and while it's great, I simply miss the ability to do what I wanted, whenever I wanted, with whomever I wanted to. Spend the weekend riding my bike? Sure. Go for a drive, by myself, for several hours? You betcha. Hang out with friends, some of which might be female? Damn straight.

Breaking up does suck, I'm not here to say that it doesn't. But you've got a great opportunity here to go do the things you've always wanted to with nobody to answer to. Take advantage of it man. Hit the gym, catch up with friends, travel a bit, and have some fun. Don't dwell too much on her; if she's not mentally committed to you, then you shouldn't be mentally committed to her.