GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How much boost is too much?

highroller

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it possible for me to change the boost pressure myself or must I get a retune? Tunes cost quite a bit here and I don't think it'll be worth it to just bump up the boost to maybe 20PSI. It may be worth if I change to APR or Revo, etc instead of custom?

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Is it possible for me to change the boost pressure myself or must I get a retune? Tunes cost quite a bit here and I don't think it'll be worth it to just bump up the boost to maybe 20PSI. It may be worth if I change to APR or Revo, etc instead of custom?

Unless you have a vagcom hexcan and are tuned with Eurodyne you can not change boost yourself.

All of the off the shelf tunes for the k04 are so refined at this point it makes sense to just stick with the main tuners. If it was my car that's what I would do and that's what I did lol.

highroller

Passed Driver's Ed
Unless you have a vagcom hexcan and are tuned with Eurodyne you can not change boost yourself.

All of the off the shelf tunes for the k04 are so refined at this point it makes sense to just stick with the main tuners. If it was my car that's what I would do and that's what I did lol.

Ah right, thanks.

Do you think I should go to an APR tuner and get a k04 software tune? Honestly don't know how this custom tune will compare to APR's k04 tune but I might as well do it if I'm going in to just change the boost pressure? Unless to change boost pressure its cheaper?

Pro

Boring MkV
Car(s)
Golf GTi
Ah right, thanks.

Do you think I should go to an APR tuner and get a k04 software tune? Honestly don't know how this custom tune will compare to APR's k04 tune but I might as well do it if I'm going in to just change the boost pressure? Unless to change boost pressure its cheaper?

The tune will also come with some APR special features as well. But i do agree that 17psi on a k04 is a bit weak. I'm running 20 on a k03