GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Is Your DSG Going?

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
mileage at around 1900 and [PRNDS] flashing while at the light 3 days ago 10mins into the drive after the engine has been warmed up...

The dealer has requested that i send it in if the 2nd time the issue occurs. Certainly, there's an error code logged in the DSG (diagnosed w VCDS as suggested by funny)...

Will see how it goes since no recurrence as yet

Spizo85

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MKV R32
mine actually seemed to jump today - took off the line and sort of kicked into second gear -...... only happened once though.. hmm..

dwdrums

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI 2-door
MY08, No issues here, bought in June08, 22,000 miles. The only thing I don;t like is the jerkiness when you give it gas from a stop in normal traffic. Its very jerky, like 3 jolts before it starts moving smoothly, no matter how much gas you give it. The only way around it is to gun it. Its like the car WANTS to be abused! Anyone else get this shit when driving like a grandma? S and D modes.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
Its very jerky, like 3 jolts before it starts moving smoothly, no matter how much gas you give it. The only way around it is to gun it. Its like the car WANTS to be abused! Anyone else get this shit when driving like a grandma? S and D modes.

i had this problem when i first got my gti. it was also surgey as all fuck when reversing. the dealer first attempted to cure it by doing DSG software reset. it didnt cure it so they replaced the mechatronic unit. this jerkyness is not normal.
if the dealer tries to dispute it and say its normal dont stand for it! ask to take out another GTI in the lot if need be :thumbsup:

funny

VCDS guru & soon Dad x2 !
Car(s)
Golf MkV GTI MY07
Safe yes.... as long as you don't repeat it too often (see what Nissan did for their new GTR).

Harm, well...... what are you dumping from and how many times?

Seriously - easier to reflash. Then your problem is not spooling up but keeping the wheels on the ground instead of spinning.

FJ_Steve

Age shall not weary him
is it safe to use the launch control? Or does it put alot of harm to the gearboxx?
it's in the manual....it's covered by warranty (disucssed on this forum before)...BUT...I wouldn't do it all the time. It's been about 8 months since I last did one...need to get the DSG to re-learn my style of driving, so will give it a blast when I next get home.

Spizo85

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MKV R32
I don't do it often - have only done it twice and I've had the car for about 8 months...

Reason i asked - was speaking with a friend and he said I can only do it about 5 times before ruining the gearbox.. I was like.. ummmm?....

Chuka

Passed Driver's Ed
have now 100 000km, chaged mechatronic at 23 000, and complete DSG transmithion at 25 000, after 25t no problems :happyanim:

Stock Golf V GTI 08'

wokwon

Bork! Bork! Bork!
Car(s)
MY07 Jetta
My dealer (Camberwell) told me the jolt when pulling up to the lights is bad fuel and I should try another brand.

I'm now outside the 3 year warranty so I guess I just have to put up with it.

macad

apple pixel pusher
Fuel is easy to blame, do you always use Ultimate or similar?