HID levelers which direction?

HHBizzle

Bill Paya
Car(s)
GTI MkV
hmmmm
i just lowered mine recently
but my lights dont seem to be afected?
is that possible or am i just not noticiing it?

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
hmmmm
i just lowered mine recently
but my lights dont seem to be afected?
is that possible or am i just not noticiing it?

Your HID leveler prolly just didn't get put back on the wrong way. It's a matter of chance I'm sure because it's a 50/50 shot really. I'm sure mine just happened to get installed pointing the wrong way, and yours got installed pointing the right way. Don't worry about it if they are ok, you'd know if they where messed up, TRUST ME. :lol:

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
just bumping this thread for those who are not yet informed when going lower.

Make sure that your HID rear leveler elbow must be pointing outside (ex < not >). The front leveler elbow should point outside as well.

This is for a 2008 MK5 GTI. I think for the '06s the rear levelers point inside like >.

I then opened VAG-COM [55 - Xenon Range] >> Adaptation >> Group 000 (Default Factory settings) >> Go >> Save >> Done Go Back

[55 - Xenon Range] >> Basic Settings >> Group 001 >> Go >> wait..20 seconds >> (turn HID) >> (it will say Learned) >> Done Go Back.
(- at this point it should start learning the settings you have for the HID)

[55 - Xenon Range] >> Fault code >> Clear Code >> 01539 error code disappeared.

Hope that helps.

I just had my coilover re-adjusted last friday cause of a strut upper mount bearing failure and my mechanic forgot to put back the levelers (yikes), so I had this issue over the weekend and my HID's were pointing down. But today it got fixed. Yay!