Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
Hi All,

Just ordered my MK6 Golf R in rising blue:happyanim:
Although I've driven lots of GTIs it's going to be my first owned VW

Cheers

pigbat

Hey all - I just moved from an '08 Wolfsburg Jetta to a '10 GTI. My son inheritted the Jetta before he heads off to college next month. The Jetta was my first VW after 10+ years of BMW ownership. When I bought the Jetta I thought I'd go back to the BMW's once the kids were all done with college, but after 2 years with the Jetta and 2 weeks with the GTI, I can honestly say I'm never going back.

micmarca

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bought my first car...'10 GTI in Carbon Steel 2dr with a 6 speed. First thing that I am looking to do...APR Stage I. I'm holding back though because I don't know how it affects the warranty. Any dealers/mechanics out there know what would happen if I went in (even if I changed it to stock mode) with an issue and chipped??

CWGTI

Three Sheets
Hi All,

Just bought our second GTI tonight(traded in the first). It is candy white, man, sunroof, 18's, bluetooth, mat kit and a bit badass in my opinion. Look forward to chatting with everyone.

richsurtees

Passed Driver's Ed
My new 6! Need to get the stance sorted ASAP!

Simpson

Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Hi @all

my Name is Markus

I am from Germany

my Car is a Golf MK6

next week will follow Picture from my GTI
with 20" wheels and low...

GTISusan

I got my first VW when I was fifteen years old. It was a gray fiberglass body Baja. I drove the wheels off. My parents offered me to take my driving test in their boring GEO Tracker, but I wasn't having it. I took it in my rockin' Baja.

Needless to say, it has been a few years since I drove that car. My husband bought a white '08 GTI two years ago and it became a hand me down when he wanted a Mazda Speed3. I don't know what he was thinkin'. It became my favorite car ever. You know it's a good ride when you can't squeal the tires and a smile crosses your face everytime you try.

We traded it in on Thursday for my very own MK6 Candy White manual with Detroit rims. God, I love this car. It even has a butt heater!

Last edited:

Goldie1

Hi.

Black on Black, DSG, Autobahn/leather, etc.....

MRH

HEC
Car(s)
GOLF MKV DSG 2007
Hello!!

Hi, I'm Hector from México City!!

I just saw yesterday my new ride: 2011 2 dr Black GTI DSG, I still have to wait for license plates and my 18 wheels so I will get it Thursday-Friday!!

I'm returning to GTI after 4 months with a 2010 Hummer H3T, I sold on March my 2007 Black 2 dr GTI DSG, and I can't wait to ride again in a good, good car!!

Will post pictures as soon as I can!!

timmsumm

Finally getting around to introducing myself. I've had my '10 GTI for just shy of a couple months now after swearing 10 years ago to NEVER own another VW (my last experience was with a Mexican made Jetta which I couldn't go ten miles from the dealer without it throwing the CEL).

What made me come back to VW? 10 years of owning Japanese cars made me realize that they just don't stir any passion in me. Even my last one - a Mazda Speed3 - just felt like an econo-car with a turbo bolted on (albeit a ridiculously powerful turbo). I test drove a GTI and the second I touched that delicious steering wheel I was in love. More than that, it just seems that someone actually put thought into so many little details of the car. Seriously, just little things like the gas lift on the hood and the design of the passenger seat belt so that it doesn't rattle against the door frame (to name a couple). These little things make me care about the car that much more. Not to mention how obvious the passion is for this car amongst its owners judging by this forum and vortex :) I've now been both trolling and participating on VW forums since that first test drive back in April - I think I maybe lasted a couple weeks on the Mazda forums before I lost interest.

Anyways, I'm just so glad to be back in a car I'm passionate about and part of a group of really passionate folks. Even with it's few minor faults this is, by far, the best car I've ever owned. I look forward to driving it every chance I get.

gtipwnz

Ready to race!
Hey guys! I just gave my lil brother my 99 Jetta Wolfsburg, and bought a CW GTI with the sunroof, dynaudio, mat kit, and bluetooth. I also got the 6 year warranty, which may or may not have been worth it (opinions?). Anyway, I had some questions. Since the TSI is better than the FSI was, do I still need a catch can? Will I still have cam follower issues? What kinds of things that aren't regular service need to be done? As far as mods, I'm kind of limited because I don't want to void my warranty (this will be my car for at least 5 years). I want to get color matched side markers, do the VAG com stuff like the parking fog lights and the windows from the remote, I'm going to tint the windows (is 50/50 even worth doing? 50 in the front is the limit in Wisconsin, and I don't want a two tone look). I would also like to get new rims sometime, along with a small drop to get rid of the wheel gap. Would I need to get a new suspension for this? If so, would that void my warranty? And finally, should I really only change my oil every 10k miles? Thanks, and I'm glad to be here!

amnesium

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys,

My name is phil and i´m from germany.

been reading in this forum since almost 3 months already, i´ve decided to finally register :)

my car is a 2010 mk6 gti - will post pictures of the car somewhen in the future.

hoping for a good time here :thumbsup:

auf wiedersehen!

yoyodyne

I like that this forum has a lot of international flava. Cool. :thumbup:

As for myself, previously owned an 02 WRX, an 05 Civic Si and an 08 Element EX. Needless to say the Element didn't quite fit my idea of a fun ride (although it was insanely useful) so a 2010 GTI is now sitting outside.

4 Door, DSG, Autobahn, Dynaudio, etc. Fun car. Just really like the overall aspects - fast but mild enough to keep me from revving it 24x7, great interior, small but not ultra compact. Looking forward to learning more and modding over the next year or two.

- andy