GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Deingeist

Hey there. Name's Dan and I'm from Andover Massachusetts about 30 miles north of Boston. I just bought a Carbon Steel 2010 3 Door GTIMkVI, I've never owned a VW before but have always loved them. My best friend's (who I have known since I was in kindergarten) parents have always owned VW's and I have always been impressed with the styling, the ride, what his parents had to say about them, and they're damn solid. Also bring back a ton of memories of going on road trips with them when I was a kid so I just had to own one. I decided that the GTI was the perfect car for me.
It's the first new car I've bought and it's absolutely perfect. It's a great mix of everything I want in a car. Speed, style, quality, comfort, safety and utility. There are very few cars that can come close to that. I come from a Toyota family and I think they're super boring and cheap and they used to be really reliable but now-a-days I've been saying "In yo' FACE" to my mom cause she hates European cars after a bad experience with a Volvo in the 80's. They may both start with the letter "V", but Volkswagen beats Volvo any day of the week.

xxmagnusxx

Ready to race!
Hi.

I just bought a 2DR, 2010 VW GTI 6sp, in Candy White with the autobahn package, Dynaudio, 18" Detroits, bluetooth, and bi-xenons. I have an E46 330ci SMG Vert but BMW is currently buying back because it's a lemon.

I originally test drove an '06 GTI back in the day, and I thought the styling was a bit conservative, but it drove like no other cars I've ever driven before that. After seeing the MK6 GTI/GTD in Germany on my Eurotrip last summer, I was amazed. The styling. The interior. The performance. I thought it was an amazing little car for it's price.

After 2 frustrating years with the SMG transmission on my E46 (the car would stall at a stop or low speeds), I finally filed a lemon law claim with a lawyer and as stated earlier, BMW decided to buy it back from me.

Long story short, I wanted to go back to a M/T car and put off manu-matic cars with SMG/DCT/DSG/S-Tronic transmissions for the time being and I couldn't go back to a Japanese car (I had an '04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 and a 2K Celica) so I test drove a 6SP GTI and bought it. There's just something about the way German cars drive and feel.

Now here I am. Hello!

richsurtees

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, my names Rich, I'm from Manchester (UK)
I've been sent over to this site from a member on edition38.com.
I've just sold my e92 Alpine white BMW 325d and ordered a brand new Candy white 3dr mk6 gti, complete with quite a few optional extras :)
I'm not new to the VW scene what with this being my 5th Golf and 7th VAG car I've owned since I passed my test in 2007.

Some of you on here may already know me for my mk1 Golf, running air-ride, custom image split wheels, custom interior, carbon fibre bodywork and a 1.8 16v KR lump and quite a few other modifications!

I'm really looking forward to recieving my mk6 when its ready, not planning on taking it as far as the mk1 but I'd like a few decent performance modifications, I mean, it is a GTI after all! :cool:

Well, sorry for this essay of an introduction, basically, HI!

salamay

Hi fellow Golfers! I'm 24 Its my second car!
2010 GTI 3Door hatchback with Xenons, Sunroof, 18", Bluetooth (everything else Stock) and its white.
Been driving for 3 months.
When I was looking for a new car I researched alot and in my price range I found excellent reviews for the GTI, specially on topgear!.
Decided to go for a test drive. 1st 2nd then 3rd gear and I knew it was the car I was going to get!

GL118

Gday im Greg (23) from Syd Aus, just wanted to say hi to all and to introduce myself. Im kinda new to car forums and am keen to learn alot from fellow golf fans.

Currently driving a MkVI 118 TSI DSG (my second car).. received it from the dealership on xmas eve 2009 and absolutely ripps into my first car (bluebird 95), love the economy, convenience and performance when i chuck it into sport mode and change the DCC to suit. hope to talk to you all very soon

ajmstilt

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm AJMstilt from Sacramento CA. After nearly a decade of wanting to replace my '71 classic beetle with a GTI, I finally pulled the trigger and am now the owner of a black 2010 5 door 6 speed GTI.

Freudian

Hello fellow dublovers.

My 2nd car was a 91 GOLF COUPE, 3rd car is a MKIII GTI VR6 and my new car (12 days until arrival) is MKVI GTI 2.0T Carbon Steel Metallic with all options except 4-door and DSG.

I love my VW and am looking forward to another 5-6 years with my new one.

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!
Hi.

I just bought a 2DR, 2010 VW GTI 6sp, in Candy White with the autobahn package, Dynaudio, 18" Detroits, bluetooth, and bi-xenons. I have an E46 330ci SMG Vert but BMW is currently buying back because it's a lemon.

I originally test drove an '06 GTI back in the day, and I thought the styling was a bit conservative, but it drove like no other cars I've ever driven before that. After seeing the MK6 GTI/GTD in Germany on my Eurotrip last summer, I was amazed. The styling. The interior. The performance. I thought it was an amazing little car for it's price.

After 2 frustrating years with the SMG transmission on my E46 (the car would stall at a stop or low speeds), I finally filed a lemon law claim with a lawyer and as stated earlier, BMW decided to buy it back from me.

Long story short, I wanted to go back to a M/T car and put off manu-matic cars with SMG/DCT/DSG/S-Tronic transmissions for the time being and I couldn't go back to a Japanese car (I had an '04 Mazdaspeed MX-5 and a 2K Celica) so I test drove a 6SP GTI and bought it. There's just something about the way German cars drive and feel.

Now here I am. Hello!

Amazing, really, what a lawyer can help you do. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get BMW to buy it back, thats almost unheard of for any car manufacturer.

I had a similiar problem back in the day, I bought a brand new '86 Chevy Sprint with the 3 cycl 1L Suzuki engine. Problem, it was not new, turned out it was plated, wrecked, reposssed, repaired, and then sold as new to me. After a theat with a law suit in hand, suddenly, a real new model of the same car as mine appeared, except it had more options. They said "Even trade?" I said "ok." Anything to avoid a law suit. Get this, I bought the car from a place whoes address was off Lemmon Ave.

silverseal

Hello! My name is Ron and I live in San Antonio TX. This is my 2nd post to the forum, and I am literally going to test drive the GTI, TDI, and Tiguan in a few hours. I currently drive an Infiniti G35 and it is the best car I have ever owned. My lease will be up in a few months and now that my wife and I are "empty nesters" I am looking for something a little more practical for the occasional long road trip but yet still be sporty enough to zip up limited onramps to freeways. Something powerful enough to inspire confidence that the car will respond exactly as you need it to should you need to execute an avoidance maneuver at high speeds.
The GTI SEEMS like it will be the best at this by getting great gas mileage, being comfortable (I'm 6' 3" and about 240 or so) and accommodating (backpack, and carryon luggage for trips to the airport - I travel a lot) and still being fun to drive (trips to the hill country with twists and turns, or a golf (no pun intended) getaway.
The TDI, I have never owned a diesel in my life. So it's a new ordeal, but because it scores very high on the comfort and practical charts I have to at least give it a test. Really curious to see how much difference there is in performance feel when test driving this and then the GTI.
The Tiguan, I've actually done a short test drive in this - today will be a serious one. Right off the bat I didn't like that it took premium gas (so does the GTI, as well as my current Infiniti G35) and there were other small SUV's out there that got similar gas mileage and didn't require premium gas. Well, the one thing I remember writing down was that it had surprising torque at take-off and NO small SUV out there had that. So I am going to put it through the paces today.
I will clarify, I am certainly not a "speed demon" but I have enjoyed the "blistering acceleration" delivered by my G35 and the handling that equals that power. Once you pilot something like that on the road it is hard to give up. I will admit that freely and honestly. I do not expect the GTI for example to equal the Infiniti in many areas, I am going in expecting to compromise a bit. But, I also am looking forward to hopefully finding a nice mix of practical with a heavy dose of fun for a daily driver.
Because of my travels I use a lot of rental cars - and there is no worse feeling in the world than driving something like a Dodge Caliber and trying to merge from a dead stop onto a freeway with cars zipping around at 85mph, your foot burried in the gas - engine screaming louder and louder - and yet the speedometer needle seems to be stuck in a vat of syrup as it strains to hit 21 - 22 - the tack is at 4,500rpms, the decibel level is at ear rupturing highly likely measurements, and the whole car seems pretty frightened about getting on the freeway all together, like it would rather be sitting in a parking lot somewhere with the engine sleeping. Instead, you need it to respond and get you safely merged into what could be a very hazardous situation - and it's responding like a teenager searching for the snooze button on a school day!
I will never own a car that leaves me with that feeling! And that's why at the end of the day I expect the GTI to deliver across the board. High expectations - maybe - but according to forums and blogs across the country like this one - it should be able to deliver.

Thanks for having me.......
Ron

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Just bought myself a new GTI 2 days ago and am real pumped about it, I love the car so far...2010 GTI 6spd 3dr White with a few nice options added in

.....Can someone help me with posting photos, how I did it in my old truck forums is not working on this one, just keeps giving me red X's

Last edited:

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Got it

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 311
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 312
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 302

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Car(s)
2010 GTI
New Pics with Tint

Finally got the tint done...What ya think?

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 347

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
VW Nut Since Birth

Hello,

Actually, I purchased my 2010 VW GTI 4DR 6SP DEEP BLK on the last day of March 2010 so I had this baby for about two nice weeks! Do I enjoy it? Heck yeah! I look forward going to work and coming home, going to get groceries and even to stop by the post office just to get another chance on riding these wheels. I had owned a 1986/1992 Jetta and 1998 Golf but the GTI is a breed of its own. Looking forward on posting and continue reading many posts that exist in this forum.

Regards,

Nikolai

Attachments

• SOUTH FL VW GTI 2010.JPG
    SOUTH FL VW GTI 2010.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 316

Basil_Fawlty

Ready to race!