GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heard GTI noise for first time

mach5

you are next
I just wanted to say real quick...

You might be surprised by some of these older women.

Yesterday I was walking to my car in a parking lot and an older woman in an audi Q7 pulled up to me to ask me about my car. She had a german accent and just started talking cars with me. Asked me if I had changed the computer in it (chipped). Said she loves VW/Audi and raced porches back in Germany. Asked me how I liked it, then said she would go test one.

Turns out a good friend of mine knows her through his family or something. Weird, I would have never thought by looking at her...:iono:

I know that is like a one in a million thing, just saying.

Dan W

Ready to race!

Yesterday I was walking to my car in a parking lot and an older woman in an audi Q7 pulled up to me to ask me about my car. She had a german accent and just started talking cars with me. Asked me if I had changed the computer in it (chipped). Said she loves VW/Audi and raced porches back in Germany. Asked me how I liked it, then said she would go test one.

Turns out a good friend of mine knows her through his family or something. Weird, I would have never thought by looking at her...:iono:

Maybe not one in a million. My wife (forever 29) enjoys the occasional speed contest. Before we gave our (chipped) A4 quattro 5 mt to our son, she told me about dusting off a Boxtster on an on-ramp (theoretically speaking, of course). :thumbup:

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
1. Its not a "noise" I call it an orchestra.

2. Whats sad is the old ladys who drive XKs, I love that car so much but cruising portland today there was a really old women who nearly clipped a pole in an XKR .nearly made me cry

zooplancton

perma-grinnin'

that's hot.

Hotty

For the joy of driving
Maybe older people driving the GTI just want to feel young again. One cannot blame them, even if they don't drive it like a young enthusiast. The sound and the power! What a thrilling experience! A GTI, what else?

Fivespeedg

Ready to race!
Personally, I drive my GTI pretty slow. There's no need to rag on it to and from work every day. Usually I shift no later than about 3k.

There is a guy in my area (Sammamish) with a TR GTI with a DSG who beats the living snot out of it. I was out for a walk to the new park when he arrived at the intersection I was standing at and he took off from the stop sign. It sounded awesome. :thumbup:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
oh i love the old XKRs: