GOLFMKV

Has your DSG ever broken?

Has your DSG ever malfunctioned?

• Total voters

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
In light of all of the DSG "problem" threads lately, I've been wondering, like most of you with DSG, what is the ratio of the properly working DSG GTIs vs the broken ones.

Please post what year your GTI is, whether it's FSI/TSI, how many miles/KM are on it, what performance mods have you had done, what's your whp if you've had it dyno'd & whether or not you autocross, just daily drive, etc.

If it has broken, please explain if your warranty covered the repair, & if not, how much did it cost you to repair.

Please keep the DSG vs Manual discussion out of this thread.

Mine is a 2008, FSI, 20k miles on it, APR stage 1, 218 whp, daily driven only. No issues so far.

Last edited:

Volkswagging

Don't Hate, Inseminate
8k miles, stock, dd. no problems.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The reason you have been hearing more about it recently is that the newer TSI DSG (only some of them not all) cars have had a bad batch of mechatronic units. The FSI cars are generally fine and there have only been small occasions of problems with them, nothing NEARLY as wide spread as this.

I had the flashing PRNDS of death on my car at around 5k or 6k miles, took it to the dealer and they "fixed it"

Late still had to take it back and had the mechantronic unit fixed and she has been good to go so far (2k miles)

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 BMP GTI
The reason you have been hearing more about it recently is that the newer TSI DSG (only some of them not all) cars have had a bad batch of mechatronic units. The FSI cars are generally fine and there have only been small occasions of problems with them, nothing NEARLY as wide spread as this.

I had the flashing PRNDS of death on my car at around 5k or 6k miles, took it to the dealer and they "fixed it"

Late still had to take it back and had the mechantronic unit fixed and she has been good to go so far (2k miles)

Good point, I'll edit the first post to ask what year is your GTI & whether or not it's a FSI/TSI.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
2007 FSI with 30k miles. No flashing PRNDS of death but it has been acting funny for the last 10k miles or so. Took it to the dealer and they say there is nothing wrong with it. :iono: I have the extended warranty so i'm good to go when it does eat itself.

Lucidity

Marx
Mine has had the hiccup twice where it freezes for a second up to redline then hesitates and shifts into the next gear. It's kind of scary. Aside from that it has typical lurch like behavior from stops every now and then, as well as the rare extremely rough shift from a stop... it basically clunks in to gear. I've had that happen 3 or 4 times now in 27k. I do have a trans mount as well as the dogbone insert, not sure if that hurts at all.

extracool123

Ready to race!
10k miles brought it into dealership last week for a new mechatronic unit. Dont get my car back until august 14th.

EazyAce

Ready to race!
I have had the car for about 22k with 20 being chipped with uni. So far no complaints and no problems. Will be going K04 soon so that should put it to the test

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Over 22k. Stage 2 since 5k and no problems yet !