GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gulf Gti's

boxster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Welcome to our community Khalid…You’ve got a great looking car, love all the little changes done so far.
I’ve just been back from Bahrain after a long week visit, I must say I love the place even though the its very cold.

I notice that you’ve done the ABT270 Powerkit upgrade, can you please give us more details on performance and cost.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
I didn't have to extensively drive the stock GTI as I got this done prior to me taking delivery so can't really compare. Trust me it's fast and it keeps getting better and better every kilometer I add. it's nearly KM2000 now so it's still pretty tight and not fully broken in.

The turbo and ECU conversion is pretty seamless, you wouldn't notice anything different except in the power department. It runs just like a stocker with no stalling or huge gaps in the powerband. It's a pity that ABT doesn't tell you much about the conversion other than it's an upgraded turbo with an ECU to match.

Price wise I got this as a good deal as someone ordered the kit along with the coilovers and flacked out when they arrived. The kit sat for six months at the dealer untill I showed up and got something like BD990 discount for the Power Kit and the Coilovers. PM me for cost but as this was done under "special" circumstances, I doubt that your dealer will cut you the same slack that I got.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
looks very good khalid :thumbsup:

boxster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Khalid, many thanks for the info. sounds really tempting, unfortunately though our local dealer here in Oman does not yet have the ability to carryout the ABT power conversion, well seems like I will have to approach the ABT dealers in the UAE for a quote.:smile:

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Good luck with it and I'm here if you need any more quistions answered.

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
nice ride their khalid. keep it up

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Thanks Hitch. You've also got a good looking ride as well.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Took off the GTI logos and added the ABT logos last week. Here's a picture of the back. Sorry if the picture quality is not that good.

Will post a picture of the front logo just as soon as I install the ABT front spoiler and side skirts later this week.

Attachments

• 08022007084 (Small).jpg
    08022007084 (Small).jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 265

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
looks good ,,,congratz

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
Looking Good Maseroche :thumbsup:

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Seems like you guys have a pretty good group forming over there. I wonder if it is really that different than here in the states. Unfortunately for most American like myself my vision of the middle east is similar to what is seen on the local news and CNN.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Seems like you guys have a pretty good group forming over there. I wonder if it is really that different than here in the states. Unfortunately for most American like myself my vision of the middle east is similar to what is seen on the local news and CNN.

yeah,the mkv selled pretty well here in oman,people started to realize how great the car is..

oh and i think americans have the wrong idea about us :s,,

Maseroche

Ready to race!
jaydubz, your view is what the newsmedia wants you to see.

Anyway, I promised pictures of the ABT front and sides and here are the pictures. The exhaust is begining to sound louder each day. It was pretty quiet when it was first installed. Instillation was a snap. The parts were very high quality and fitted without any additional tweaking by the Bodyshop. Also pictured are the ABT emblems that replaced the GTI logos.

Attachments

• MY GTI 12 (Small).jpg
    MY GTI 12 (Small).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 275
  • My GTI 15 (Small).jpg
    My GTI 15 (Small).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 259
  • My GTI 11 (Small).jpg
    My GTI 11 (Small).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 295
  • My GTI 9 (Small).jpg
    My GTI 9 (Small).jpg