GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
your GTI looks so gr8 mashallah,, :wink:

and i love how the rear exhausts look :thumbsup:

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Thanks matga9er bro. Wheels are next but not anytime soon. Ordered the ABT floor mats in Black with Silver ABT lettering and that small ABT logo that replaces the GTI one on the steering wheel. No idea when these parts would show up. ABT takes their time shipping parts.:wink:

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
Hey Guys!

I'm currently in Canada, but may be moving to the Gulf (Qatar) in the next year or so, with my GTI. I was wondering if you knew if your cars have special equipment to handle the heat (say, bigger vents, or bigger radiators, or whatever). Any idea?

Thanks, and maybe see you all soon!

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Hey Guys!

I'm currently in Canada, but may be moving to the Gulf (Qatar) in the next year or so, with my GTI. I was wondering if you knew if your cars have special equipment to handle the heat (say, bigger vents, or bigger radiators, or whatever). Any idea?

Thanks, and maybe see you all soon!

hey mouch welcome to the gulf ,,,
i dont really know if there's a differance,but click here for a link to a middle eastren guy "el 3grab" who fitted a forge Twintercooler i think he says that the gulf mkv's have an extra radiator

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
Thanks matga9er bro. Wheels are next but not anytime soon. Ordered the ABT floor mats in Black with Silver ABT lettering and that small ABT logo that replaces the GTI one on the steering wheel. No idea when these parts would show up. ABT takes their time shipping parts.:wink:

cool, i bet your gonna go for black wheels !
and congrats on the other stuff you got from ABT

Maseroche

Ready to race!
GTI 2.0T, thanks but I don't think I'll go with Black wheels even though I thought about it. It's just too much IMO.

mouch, There is an extra radiator for Middle eastern spec cars along with Open grilles. That's the only major change from what you get that I can think off. The radio frequancies will be off as well as the Rest of the World cars get different frequencies than the North American spec cars.

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
Great Job Maseroche, The car keeps looking better and better every time i see it. Keep us posted about the wheels, can't wait to see them.

Mouch, as the guys said there is only an extra very small radiator behind the left fog light. and as Maseroche said the frequencies will be off.
Otherwise you don't have to worry about anything else. Looking forward to see you around.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Hitch, thanks bro. I'm still conflicted with the wheel choice. Might do the ABT though but as I said above, not anytime soon.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
cool cool,,huffs look gr8 too,the car looks great the way it is now ;)

so what is it that makes you wanna replace them,is it their weight,styling or you just want to be unique??

plannin on 19's btw ?

Maseroche

Ready to race!
If I'm changing the wheels, I'll probably go the 19" route. This car begs to be modded. Everytime I add something to my GTI, I keep saying that this mod would be the last, but it's a slippery slope and I'm sliding headfirst.:biggrin:

mouch

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks for your replies GTI 2.0 T, Maseroche and Hitch! I hope that I'll be able to join you for a car meet over there sometime!

I'm actually originally from Lebanon, and just went back for four months to work there - I drove a small fiat punto or an Isuzu Trooper, and that was just painful, because I kept imagining how awesome the GTI would be on the highways and windy mountain roads without speed limits...

So I can't wait to have the car in the Middle-East!

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
am not really sure about the wide roads to drive freely.
we don't have any here in Oman. Radars are everywhere which have been added recently. But while I was in Bahrain I saw the roads and am seriously jealous. You guys in Bahrain are so damn lucky to have such roads. They are just amazing. Wide roads going a long way.
Straight lines like nothing I have seen here.
But when I was there the fog was covering the road at night, so I couldn't see anything, but I was still Surprised by those roads.

I defenitely wanna take my car for a drive on those roads.

Maseroche

Ready to race!
Hitch, are you sure you were in Bahrain? lol the roads here are so congested that you can't drive a mile without a traffic jam holding you back.

Mouch, good luck with the move.

Hitch

2 Fast
Car(s)
MKV GTI '06
sure i was Maseroche.
I was talking about the roads that take you to the Autodrome.
They are amazingly empty at night that you can barely see a car passing by.

.TAM.

Go Kart Newbie
count me in :thumbsup:
i know am late i only saw this thread today .. sorry

Mods :
////ALPINE sound system
open bumper side vents

AEM CAI <<< coming soon
lots of mods will come in the near future :burnrubber: