GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Evo IX SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the reply. Nice Evo by the way. Its odd that you'll believe "someone" on your Evo forum ran 105 and a mag (which I already discussed at length) ran 104 but you have no proof of your own. So you believe fellow Evo fanboi's but you dont believe something said on this forum? Ever hear of a "ringer" car sent to mags for testing by manufacturers? Guess not.

Since you already brought up some fictional "40 h.p." difference I suppose your ready to debate (because of something you read) how much whp a stock Evo will put down?

Lets put this into perspective shall we? If numerous GTI guys (on pump gas) have dyno'd over 220whp + the fictional 40 more whp you claim I would need to beat an Evo (on a roll) that equals = roughly 260 whp. Your Evo IX is rated at 286 crank, which if we factor in about a 20% drivetrain loss to all 4 wheels is about 239 whp. These are all estimates of course, but relatively accurate. Your math doesn't work bro. For you to think any GTI would need 40 more horses to compete with your mighty Evo means we would be dynoing approx. 190-200whp WITH all of our mods. We know for a fact that isn't true. Plus lets also consider a GTI is a tad lighter.

So, now do you think a GTI on a race gas map (which is not factored into above) is no match for the mighty Evo (STOCK) on a roll?

Hard to dispute facts no? Good luck and nice try... :clap:

Mike

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Evo IX GSR's are not sold in the US. No Evo GSR (from Mitsubishi) was ever sold in the US. Again, nice try.

I suppose 90% of all people who visit the drag strip then need more SEAT TIME to run quicker than magazines.

mre212

Go Kart Champion
see i know nothing about mods, i've never really raced before in my gti(unless you count my chuck norris experience) So as someone with an unbiased opinion im gonna have to go with shucky here on this one. He's giving us facts and no one would go to this great of a length to give us a BS story. Thats just IMO. But then again i know nothing and i could be totally wrong here. Why am i posting again?

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
1. it is dsg
2. i have 16" 2006 a4 wheels with snow tires
3. no audio mods
4. i have straight 100oct in the car now
5. your decatted car and your cai over a carbino is going to gain you 40whp to walk a evo IX 8 car lengths :thumbsup: GOOD LUCK
6. I have no spare in my car also.
7. car and driver ran 13.4 @ 104mph on a IX and i have seen a slip on evom.net of a 100% stock IX run 12.9 @105.7 mph on a GSR
and everyone who knows cars with seat time you can destroy magazine times.

im so sick of all these BS race stories. our cars are econoboxes with decent power. NOT single turbo supra's.

show me a slip of ANY mkv trapping over 103mph and ill rest my case.

better yet drive to michigan which isnt far from where you live and ill race you in my IX, video tape it and post it on here so everyone can laugh at you

here is a pic of our IX purchased oct 11th. since you dont think i have one,

First of all, Evo's in magazine, have run a 12.9 stock, but i doubt very highly that some1 on EvoM ran that...it would have 2 b some perfect weather 4 that. On a roll, it'z a different story...GTI's will win, especially w/ Shucky's mods.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Evo IX GSR's are not sold in the US. No Evo GSR (from Mitsubishi) was ever sold in the US. Again, nice try.

I suppose 90% of all people who visit the drag strip then need more SEAT TIME to run quicker than magazines.

We do have GSR's, they just don't call them that here...the GSR's r just the Evo IX.. the 1 between RS and MR...i like ur argument tho and i totally agree w/ u

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
07mkvgti I was just pointing out to someone who seemed to be so "knowledgeable" (and claims to own one) about EVO's that they dont call them that in the United States. Thats kind of odd no?

An Evo is full time 4WD, biased 50/50, 90/10, or 10/90 they still have approx. 20% drivetrain loss no matter how you look at it.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Everything loses momentum from a roll

not more so than an AWD. AWD has more of a drive train loss due to the extra 2 wheels that need to be fed the power.

cmon man, u know its the truth, no need to justify it because u have one.

alf

Status
Not open for further replies.