GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Evo IX SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes, this actually took place last night. I'm not a snot nosed 18 year old.
Yes it was on 100 octane gas. I still have the back seat in but no spare. Yes I was in 4th gear at about 60 mph, remember I was going home on the highway so I downshifted to 4th when I was playing around with him until traffic cleared. Yes I kept it going until about 135 or so just for the fun of it.

Now, lets be honest here. Evo's nor STI's on a ROLL (stock) are not very quick. There was no missed shift, and there isn't much to screw up (on the Evo's part) while doing a rolling race. So please no "the other guy didn't know how to drive..."

If you are getting raped by a stock Evo on a roll and your chipped, with a turboback, intake, etc ... then something is wrong with your car.

Further, dont believe everything you read. Magazines are not gospel.

Next, this is coming from someone (me) who has owned 4 Diamond Star cars.. (1 w/Nitrous, and also at the time the first big turbo 2nd gen in the U.S.). I also just sold my turbo Miata which was the highest h.p. stock 1.6 in the country.

My car is a package 1 with 6MT. There is nothing in my car (junk wise), no spare, and I'm running pretty light 16 inch Jetta rims (for winter). Remember your giant wheels (for the most part) are not light.

Enough rambling. Go play nice and mop up some more Evo's ... :thumbsup:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
fuckin A 100 octane i bet thats INSANE. 100 octane is nice and safe, such a clean and efficient spark for the engine niiiice.

AWD loses all of their potential from a roll. its like our torque graph. lol.

alf

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
i believe you,,coz im stock and i kinda raced an evo 7 once,,he pulled on me but not that hard,,and i felt like a chipped gti+tbe and intake could beat him,,maybe he wasnt giving full throttle :iono: but i doubt it

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
ya im gona have to goahead and say that race never happend,
1- two of my friends have stock evos, evo 8, evo 9 both of them hate on me by about 5 car lenths, and i know how to drive better than both of them from a stop or from a roll, same thing they beat me every time, so either that kid didnt know how to drive or his car was fucked up, im sure his girl was flippin out when he hit a 100 anyway, so i dont know about your story man, sorry

i got a giac x chip an awe downpipe no cats no muffler, nuespeed intake, and a awe boost gauge and i tell you that shit feels fuckin fast, but i still cant pull on a stock evo toilet peice of shit, im not hatin in you man, im just sayin that story might be a little .... and that evos suck

lol ur runnin off like crazy dude, relax...don't say evo's suck, cuz they don't...those r amazing track monsters, and they have AWD and run 12.9 stock w/ a good driver...but don't say that what this guy is saying is shit...evo's and sti's lose all there power on a roll, unless they're running 272 or 280 cams...the evo IX SE is brand new, so nothing is wrong....AWD lose momentum on rolls so we get the upper hand....of the line, he might have been able 2 take him 2 if the guy doesn't kno how 2 launch....you gotta get it perfect w/ tthat clutch...it takes some skill, but yea, i believe it...chipped alone, u can beat an Evo IX on a roll, especially if i can take a 350Z by a half car and i'm stock.

mkfast5

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
BMP MK5
howabout this ill say what i want-- this forum sucks
evos and stis both suck too illsay that till the day i die,
howabout this, i know how to drive and dont care how many faggot cars u owned i dont give a fuck about your miata
nothing is wrong with my car
i dont read any magazines either
not to mention your first post on this forum is some "kill story" that never happend, come to massachusetts and ill have some stock evos hate all over your car, and
i dont go around sprayin i beat evos that run low 13s out the factory- the things suck amazing track monstor ide like to see that tin can hold up in a fender bender
its a toilet with a turbo

RedlineMotorworks

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 BMP GTI
howabout this, i know how to drive and dont care how many faggot cars u owned i dont give a fuck about your miata
not to mention your first post on this forum is some "kill story" that never happend, come to massachusetts and ill have some stock evos hate all over your car, and
i dont go around sprayin i beat evos that run low 13s out the factory- the things suck amazing track monstor ide like to see that tin can hold up in a fender bender

wow...you're legitimately pissed off at life:laugh:

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i gotta raise up the BS flag too.. i know evos are beatable.. but... well the evo driver must be Seriously retarded... hes gotta be.. or he felt sorry for you..

another reason i call bs, is beacause the kill story is ur first post... who the hell does that!?! i think... just my opinion... u wanna be the popular guy... that beat an "evo" i see this all the time... welcome to the forum.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i believe you 100% nice kill and get a dyno with the 100 octane lol crazy shit

shucky

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I've been a member of Vortex for 4 years and was looking at other forums that allow posting about topics like this (vortex does not). I was not, nor am I trying to be the "cool" guy by making this my first post. This is a public forum and I will post in other threads, its my right to do so just as it is yours.

As for what I posted its 100% true. And I only posted about my other vehicles to give some idea of my experience with all sorts of other cars.

Just for the record, I did not bash the Evo or STI. I'm a huge fan of many different cars, these included. But, I have been around long enough (toying with various cars for about 19 years) to know that I do not believe every magazine or every bench-racing story out there. The fact is, hang out at the drag strip long enough and you'll realize the majority of people who own performance cars simply cannot drive them very well. Nor are some of them willing to abuse their cars so horribly to achieve "magazine type" results.

Fact is, there are plenty of Evo's, STI's, SRT4's, etc on any given night at the drag strip. Your lucky if 2 or 3 of them out of 10+ for each model can muster times similar to a "magazine test." Also, realize magazines will sometimes make 30+ brutal runs just to get that best possible time. So just because they run a 13.2 out of a stock Evo once doesn't mean the average person can do that nor is it easily repeatable. And if you think simply dumping the clutch at redline will ever give a 1.6 60ft your mistaken. For over a year now Evo's employ a 1st gear rev limiter (5000rpm I think) which does not allow you to do that. STI's do not have this.

And once more for the record, the race map turns this car into a totally different animal. Get a ride in one or get it yourself and you'll take down that BS sign and be posting your own kill stories like this.

ps - Do you really think the Evo owner felt sorry for me and allowed me to win? Who are you kidding?

later,
M.

CalBoyTex

Banned
Car(s)
2006 GTI
i do agree with you saying how the people at the track in sti's are no where neasr what the magazines can do they are pros ofcourse! shit, ive seen an sti run a 15.00 its all because the driver..

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
just so happens i have the 100oct program from giac, milltek tbe, and carbino.
AND my g/f and i own a evo IX, we just got break in done and we went out to do a quick run.

30mph roll and 60mph, she pulled over a car length on me and kept losing me more and more the faster we got.

im sorry this is total BS.
the gti needs a few more mods to catch a evo IX.

hell the evo IX traps at 106mph stock.
i have yet to see a mkv trap higher than 102.

:thumbdown:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI

geezus, you are so full of shit, all i can do is offer you a bowl of dick and hope you die in a fire.

first you nut ride the evo for running such great numbers, and then u dog on em, then u nut ride again saying theyre badass track stars, then u talk shit about a fender bender... make up your fucking mind.

the guy was on 100 octane race gas, thats way more out of the norm than just pump gas.

you sound like a queer that needs to justify all his mods. Just because YOU cant beat an evo, doesnt mean anyone else cant.

if you dont like this forum, get the fuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.