GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got pulled over for Modified Exhaust? VC 27151

kuhla

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2000 Ford Ranger XL
TeknoGroover said:
By the way, an update. I had the court hearing and WON. Well duh! I had proof I wasn't illegal. The officer talked to me afterward and told me how impressed he was that I went and got it tested and went to court for it.

Congrats on your win!

gti=sexy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
STI
i wish id known about the 95dB thing b4. when i had my subaru with pretty much a 3" pipe going from the engine out the end, i got a ticket for that crap. the douche bag cop tried to find everything modded on the car and tried to claim everything was illegal. once he realized i was gonna put up a fight he just handed me a ticket for the exhaust and ran back to his car. eh, my fast and i dont like cops. cant wait to laugh in the cops face that tries to give me a ticket once i get some exhaust. w00t.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Cali is tough on Mod's because of the shitty air quality, and the big "side-show" phenomenom in San Jose and the Eastbay. I thought that decibal law only applied to suburban areas? At least having less than ounce of pot out there is only a Misdemeanor. In Nevada, or Texas you'd get thrown in jail for having a roach in your ashtray....

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
TeknoGroover said:
It wasn't in my GTI, this was in my Accord.
If you were in your GTI you would have been saved by your FAST!

Rabbitpilot

Go Kart Champion
Same thing happend to me. I got it tested, wrote the Traffic Commisioner for my county a letter with copies of everything, and they wrote it off for a $10.00 processing fee. It's funny how they can write you a ticket without proof. It's like if he saw you driving and pulled you over because he thought you may have been speeding somewhere else during the day or you look like a guy who might make an illegal U-turn.

i know the "loud exhuast" law applies in illinois saying you cannot modify your exhuast in any way to make it louder than your stock exhuast. i know this becuase i have pulled people over for it. i normally dont write them tickets though unless they are an ass to me or think they are hot shit and the world revolves around them. so basicly dont do anything stupid when mr law pulls you over and just be yourself and say u know what you did and normally they cut you a break and your on your merry way! :)

Rabbitpilot

Go Kart Champion
MidnightthunderGTI said:
i know the "loud exhuast" law applies in illinois saying you cannot modify your exhuast in any way to make it louder than your stock exhuast. i know this becuase i have pulled people over for it. i normally dont write them tickets though unless they are an ass to me or think they are hot shit and the world revolves around them. so basicly dont do anything stupid when mr law pulls you over and just be yourself and say u know what you did and normally they cut you a break and your on your merry way! :)

Normally that's what I do. I was driving at the speed limit in traffic just going to work one morning. I was in uniform. He said that he pulled me over for modified exhaust and wrote me a ticket. he was a new, wet behind the ears CHP officer. He looked about 19.:laugh: Normally we don't get too many hassles out here unless you are being a knucklehead, but I guess he was the exception.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
loccusst said:
I have pretty much vowed to not move to CA because of thier insane aproach at stret racing. I am not a street racer but would be harrased simply because I mod my car. I could be 85 and I would still get pulled over in CA because of mods.

It depends on where you live in CA. If you live in an area where street racing is prevalent (East/South Bay, San Jose, L.A.), then yeah, expect to get pulled over with an extensively modded car. Otherwise, it is really no big deal, though in smaller jurisdictions they might pull you over just because they have nothing better to do.

A better reason for not moving to CA is the insane approach to real estate pricing . . .:mad: :mad:

flowsome

ENT in the morning
in high school i had an integra with a custom 3" cat-back with a huge HKS muffler and i got a ticket while rolling through a mall parking lot. won the ticket and the judge told the cop in front of me to use his brain next time. :clap:

returnofcc

Terrible Driver
in high school i had an integra with a custom 3" cat-back with a huge HKS muffler and i got a ticket while rolling through a mall parking lot. won the ticket and the judge told the cop in front of me to use his brain next time. :clap:

You brought back a three year old thread. Nice job:thumbsup: