GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got my HKS Legal Exhaust!

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
They could have at least TIG welded it insted of MIG and I would think that the branch resonator would rob power away by creating unneeded back pressure? I can see the drone reasoning but its a dead end ???

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
It won't really create that much back pressure its so tiny and hks know their stuff. The end of the pipe looks like it tapers down to stock for proper fitment and you shouldn't have any cel issues as the sensors are on the dp not the catback.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Whoa whoa whoa... wait a MINUTE! WHAT IS THAT!?
Why does it have a growth coming out the side?!!!!!

I've seen that on Nissan's, but what is it?!

SargeMKVI

Semper Fi!
Car(s)
2010 GTI
just got my HKS legal exhaust at my door step. the build quality is amazing. The capped "tube" is called a "branch resonator", many other exhaust company use that technique to get rid of drones. can't wait to have this installed in about a week. got this for 600 shipped from Option Auto Salon. Pipe ID is 2.75 inch, with 80mm single walled tips.

Whoa whoa whoa... wait a MINUTE! WHAT IS THAT!?
Why does it have a growth coming out the side?!!!!!

I've seen that on Nissan's, but what is it?!
:thumbsup:

GodSquadMandrake

Give me the real explanation. I hear what it's called and it "get's rid of drones" but so did the Death Star. Give me something mathematical I can understand.

GodSquadMandrake

I saw a bunch of numbers and suddenly understood somehow. Resonance canceling.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
I really like HKS products, work for a shop that sells HKS in fact, real curious as to how this sounds. Real happy they didn't do the usual HKS can tip on this one. See if you can get me some pics from under your car after the install I really want to get a good look at the fitment of this