GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R VI 2dr Manual - First Mods Please Halp

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
Ugh bad news. I'm about to rip my hair out. But Urotuning.com Is making things righT :)

Last edited:

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Ugh bad news. I'm about to rip my hair out. Urotuning.com has messed up my order multiple times now. I'm about to give up on the build as I have to move and they have no idea where things are. I'll keep you updated.

Hey man! I'm a manager at UroTuning. PM what your issue is and I'll see if I can help you get it resolved asap.

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
@2012TP @KollinWithaK thank you both very much for your efforts. I'm really hyped to see a supportive community.
Update: kind of a silly misunderstanding at Uro. I made a very big order and someone who was helping me didn't realize a special order was in there and told me it was in transit. Kollin and Aaron are helping me out.
The build must go on. It's a setback as I'm renting a Bay to do my work and I'll have to make additional time but they're working to make it right and although I'm upset they're showing me love. ❤️

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey y'all happy holidays!
I got my calipers pulled off and I'm gonna be painting them. Curious if anyone knows of any paint suitable for high temp other than VHT. Just looking for more color options.
Thanks y'all!

Phur

Autocross Champion
G2 caliper paint, powder coat, I’ve seen some people using Duplicolor Metalcast but I’m not sure if it is rated for high enough temp. Also, you could always have them powder coated.

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
G2 caliper paint, powder coat, I’ve seen some people using Duplicolor Metalcast but I’m not sure if it is rated for high enough temp. Also, you could always have them powder coated.
I found the kit you mentioned and I passed. It was much more effort than I wanted to forgo. I ended up getting VHT yellow and blue. Stripping OEM paint and cleaning right now. Will post when finished.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I am sourcing parts to convert to Golf R brakes for my GTI right now. I plan on powder coating mine. My goal is an OEM+ build, so keeping with the GTI I plan on going with red, but better...
1609247741821.jpeg

Prismatic Powders Lollipop Red

avgj0e

Passed Driver's Ed
I ended up going with blue calipers. So far I really like the color. I also ordered a new retention clip and plan to paint the R logo yellow. I also ended up ordering 034 Motorsports mounts. Engine. Trans. Dogbone. Subframe.
A picture of doing calipers and my friend dancing for your entertainment.

Attachments

• 240E0222-EB45-4C60-8B94-9B67E46ADBD4.jpeg
    240E0222-EB45-4C60-8B94-9B67E46ADBD4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 84