GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf GTI mk5 manual....Engine question

scratcher

Hi ,
I have a Golf GTI 2006 that is putting out white smoke. I have noticed that while going downhill usually in second or third gear, once i reach the straight line and put my foot on the gas, i see white smoke from the exhaust. Also sometimes while idling for some time and then i put my foot on the gas with the rpm constant to 2500, i start to see white smoke. There is no white smoke on start up or while driving the car hard.
I am not losing engine water coolant but i am losing oil.
Could that be a pcv valve or something worse?
also i don't see any oil on the spark plugs.
Can you help me diagnose the problem.
Thx a lot

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Checking your PCV is easy, with the car running pull the dipstick, if idle changes and gets rough then your PCV is fine. Ifor idle doesn't change then you know your PCV is bad. The other cause I've seen fairly often is a bad valve cover, the passageways for the crankcase go bad and can cause this as well.

Depending on mileage it could be a number of things, piston rings, turbo, etc. But you have a few things to look into now. You can perform a compression test to check rings.

scratcher

Thank you for your help,
Is it normal then when i pull the pcv hose the engine shuts off?
Also some mechanic told me that it might be the valve guide

Seemann

Thank you for your help,
Is it normal then when i pull the pcv hose the engine shuts off?
Also some mechanic told me that it might be the valve guide
its normal that the engine stalls when you pull the pcv hose off. Some cars even stall when you remove the oil filler cap or the oil dip stick, they are very sensitive to vacuum changes in our days.