GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Getting more camber with a minimum of impact on NVH?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
The SuperPro surprisingly does not increase NVH. This has been my experience thus far since installing them a few months ago. Maybe with time this will change but so far they are imperceptible.
I had the same experience of surprisingly low NVH with superpro bushes on front lower control arms. There was definitely more noise after swapping the trailing arm and rear control arms bushings. Still better than I expected

I have to agree that it doesn't add nvh. I've got vorschlag camber plates and don't notice any more harshness. Granted that's on a mk6 but same thing.

I have the Vorshlag plates on a MK7 and it added a lot more feedback to the steering wheel and what I considered a reasonable amount of road noise. Definitely worth it to me since it's eliminated wheel hop in the dry, allows me to get the exact alignment I want, and you can feel more of the creases in the road.

I wonder if superpro strut mounts along with arms with the added caster might be the smarter and easier choice

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
op, here's another option I noticed recently on ebay. Appears to have adjustable ball joints. Otherwise, pretty vague on alignment info.
Screenshot_20200108-084040.png

jmason

Go Kart Newbie
Those looks like Mk 6-style adjustable ball joints, which I thought were not compatible with the MQB platform. That's also a really low price for cast LCA. I'd be very skeptical of their quality.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
yeah I'm not advocating, just something that could be explored with due diligence.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Those looks like Mk 6-style adjustable ball joints, which I thought were not compatible with the MQB platform. That's also a really low price for cast LCA. I'd be very skeptical of their quality.
Yeah, superpro was looking into it for a while but determined it wasn't going to work (given bbk clearance iirc).

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
with respect to the ball joints, I've been running tt adjustable ball joints for some time, on mk7 golf steel spindles and ttrs / tts.arms. We attempted to measure the tt shank taper and did not see a meaningful difference to the mk7 taper.
In a tech support email with superpro, they did tell me the shanks wouldn't work but they didn't elaborate.
Not running big brakes, but superpro comments on big brakes could be related to other things besides shank taper. Also, they were speaking about their product wrt brakes, not the stock tt ball joint.
The tt ball joint bolt pattern is clearly incompatible with mk7 steel lca or any arm that uses that bolt pattern (superpro, whiteline)

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
with respect to the ball joints, I've been running tt adjustable ball joints for some time, on mk7 golf steel spindles and ttrs / tts.arms. We attempted to measure the tt shank taper and did not see a meaningful difference to the mk7 taper.
In a tech support email with superpro, they did tell me the shanks wouldn't work but they didn't elaborate.
Not running big brakes, but superpro comments on big brakes could be related to other things besides shank taper. Also, they were speaking about their product wrt brakes, not the stock tt ball joint.
The tt ball joint bolt pattern is clearly incompatible with mk7 steel lca or any arm that uses that bolt pattern (superpro, whiteline)

How are TTS/TTRS arms dimensionally different than the golf arms other than the adjustable ball joints?

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I measured this awhile back but didn't keep the numbers. I do recall that the arms themselves are slightly shorter than the stock mk7 arm BUT the ball joint is much larger than the stock mk7 ball joint. Overall, my front track increased by about an inch iirc. Add another 12mm with the ball joints fully extended.
there is a thread on the arms on golfmk7,.think I posted quite a bit there.

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
How are TTS/TTRS arms dimensionally different than the golf arms other than the adjustable ball joints?

I have the ball joints at the min setting with TT arms on my R and it has ~2.3 deg of camber in the front.

Last edited:

doldegari1

Does adding camber, whether through upper plates or LCAs impact the drive axle? Wouldn't the hub be pushed outward negatively? Or is this somehow compensated? Thanks

SLC4EVER

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed the Eurosport camber kit on my PP GTI. I'll let you know how much negative camber I get, but I'm on APR springs now.
The Eurosport inserts seem like a good option for a moderate amount more camber without NVH (-.8 degrees, should end up somewhere around -1.6 degrees). As far as I can tell, they shouldn't affect NVH at all since all factory rubber remains.
I'm shying away from springs as I don't want to drop the car much if anything for DD especially in winter. Would push me towards ground control or H+R adjustable perches (the MSS ones have been plagued with issues in the past so I'm not keen on going with them). That said, if I'm spending $700+ on springs I'd rather just save that money towards some Bilstein Damptronics coilovers (or just say fuck DCC and get some Ohlins, but DCC is nice for DD)

I'm running the Eurosport kit and I'm at -2.4 camber R/L on the front.

If you're looking for springs on adjustable perches, then Ground Control and H&R also have products. Ground Control will let you use any spring you want as long as it's one of their custom springs or in the Eibach catalog.

I'm running the KW H.A.S. adjustable spring kit. Very happy with the results with DCC. I did have to have the ACC and DCC recalibrated though because I set the spring height pretty low (for my liking). I was getting a very harsh response from the front even in Comfort mode. Checked OBD11 and sure enough I had several errors related to height sensors, fuel level sensor, and one other I can't remember. Once the dealer recalibrated everything it was back to normal as expected. They told me that the system thought the car was in a nose dive so it was stiffening the struts to compensate. So even in Comfort mode it was pretty harsh.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

I'm running the KW H.A.S. adjustable spring kit. Very happy with the results with DCC. I did have to have the ACC and DCC recalibrated though because I set the spring height pretty low (for my liking). I was getting a very harsh response from the front even in Comfort mode. Checked OBD11 and sure enough I had several errors related to height sensors, fuel level sensor, and one other I can't remember. Once the dealer recalibrated everything it was back to normal as expected. They told me that the system thought the car was in a nose dive so it was stiffening the struts to compensate. So even in Comfort mode it was pretty harsh.

Can you link that spring kit?

I'll let everyone know how much I end up with after alignment this weekend.

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie

Sounds like you got bamboozled by the dealer into the expensive alignment.

How are you at -2.4 on the Eurosport kit??