GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion...

dang your even getting bored with your 135i? that was one of my most favorite cars i ever had. in my top 3 for sure.

I like the car, the maintenance scares me. It's been in the shop 3-4 weeks the 8 months I owned it. The bee and g8 are much simpler cars (not loaded with accessories) and a lot less to go wrong. when they do, parts are a lot easier to get and much cheaper than a lot of the German cars.

Edit: I'm still considering it but I got a good deal on an aftermarket warranty which should quell my fears for the most part. Have some time to think about it but reading the thread here made me really want to give the bee another shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I don't think even his superior greek god ears can hear you in this whirlwind of car banter.

FBO 135i brah.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
WHOA.. a lot to catch up on here, maybe tonight.

But goddamn, is that pic really of Lou?? that explains.... EVERYTHING.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
My statements come from experience driving an STR-8 and a base model challenger. Their chassis flexes terribly, they don't go straight when you get on the gas and since they're so hard to see out of, that can be scary. Not to mention the weight it carries!

Yes, getting back into the GTI makes me appreciate the attention they gave to the steering response, the feel from the tires, how it communicates to me through the butt, chassis rigidity and driver placement in the cockpit. Refinement isn't something that's just bantered about by snobby German car buyers. It exists in many cars and makes them enjoyable to drive on non-existential levels. Please, tell me how a miata uses numbers and bragging rights to achieve the best volume sales for any sports car in the world.

Oh. You drove one. Dang. I guess that means everything. I don't know what I am talking about since I have owned a GTI and a Charger. Refined? Please. A refined vehicle doesn't creak when opening doors and rattle over the smallest bumps. Tell me, please, how much refinement is in the water pump and coil packs?

I loved my GTI, but it was an engineering nightmare. In 2 years of ownership it spent more time in the shop than in my garage. And that is with only 200 hp and this supposed superior interior and German refinement.

Weird that my car goes straight when I am on the gas. Must be a special one. All the weight it carries is called substance. It actually means something when I go over bumps and don't hear creaks or rattles. Have fun with your FWD car. Those are the best things ever!

As far as a Miata.... numbers you want? It DEFINITELY uses the low weight as a selling point and to brag. Shit, I went to Mazda.com, cicked on models and BOOM. Under Miata it says "light weight sports". But I guess that has nothing to do with numbers or bragging.

:lol:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Wait, what?
Plac, I say go for it. The Superbee is a vastly superior car (and I'm not even trolling, it just is).

And Rock, when did you start looking at G8s and Bees? I thought you wanted a CR-Z?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Wait, what?
Plac, I say go for it. The Superbee is a vastly superior car (and I'm not even trolling, it just is).

And Rock, when did you start looking at G8s and Bees? I thought you wanted a CR-Z?

Prior to to the Honda. crz was simply as a money saver but ultimately decided against as well due to warranty (plus not fast haha)

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Prior to to the Honda. crz was simply as a money saver but ultimately decided against as well due to warranty (plus not fast haha)

I didn't know it was SuperBee's too. Just thought it was G8 GT's. That is quite a different price point. Why the G8 GT but not an R/T? They are similar in performance.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wait... wait... I'm sorry.. I must have missed it, but...

PLAC IS LOOKING AT GET ANOTHER SUPERBEE?!?

SWEET BABY JESUS.. HE HAS RISEN!!!!

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I didn't know it was SuperBee's too. Just thought it was G8 GT's. That is quite a different price point. Why the G8 GT but not an R/T? They are similar in performance.

I was looking at srt8s a bit as well. The g8 was my favorite due to price, style and simplicity but the charger was in the running too. I would take a gt over an r/t no question but it's personal preference again. SB was on the very high end, more than I wanted to spend but on the radar. If I felt okay with the money I might be in one right now.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I was looking at srt8s a bit as well. The g8 was my favorite due to price, style and simplicity but the charger was in the running too. I would take a gt over an r/t no question but it's personal preference again. SB was on the very high end, more than I wanted to spend but on the radar. If I felt okay with the money I might be in one right now.

Ah. I see. What about a first gen CTS-V?

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
At 40k I'd probably be buying a 997.

Status
Not open for further replies.