GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkle

Banned
Saw a 530i Tourning the other day. I rarely ever see one of those.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Not to be a Homer....but I've always loved the First gen NSX. Its such a blast to drive and yet it doesnt need the power. I'm fortunate enough to have a guy that sits next to me at work that drives one and he lets me take it for a mean spin every now and then. Its pretty stout and the "experience" is what gets you more than driving fast.

Much like a GT stang, or even an RX7 and/or RX8, there's and "experience" factor that plays more into the driving than actual objective times, or power. Something about sitting low and rowing the gears......its bliss.....

I miss even rowing gears in my 2.5 Contour Sport and 2004 Ford Ranger. :(

adolan21

Ready to race!
Yeah, the Focus ST rear legroom is abysmal, the Recaros only make it worse.

When I first looked in the back seat of the GTI, I couldn't believe how much legroom there was back there.

Seriously, a benefit I thought of getting a 2 door was that my friends would be uncomfortable back there so I wouldn't have to always be the DD. Not the case, even with the 2 door it is easy to get back there and there is a ridiculous amount of room. Total backfire :mad0259:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Seriously, a benefit I thought of getting a 2 door was that my friends would be uncomfortable back there so I wouldn't have to always be the DD. Not the case, even with the 2 door it is easy to get back there and there is a ridiculous amount of room. Total backfire :mad0259:

:laugh:

Nobody wants to ride with me anyway, I'm an asshole when it comes to people riding in my car. No eating, drinking (water is fine, though), or smoking, your feet must be on the floor and NOT on my dashboard, seats, or seatbacks, and keep your fucking hands off my glass.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

Nobody wants to ride with me anyway, I'm an asshole when it comes to people riding in my car. No eating, drinking (water is fine, though), or smoking, your feet must be on the floor and NOT on my dashboard, seats, or seatbacks, and keep your fucking hands off my glass.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

THIS. My wife props her feet up on the dash and her toes touch the windshield.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Next topic, should I buy an S2000 next fall? I'm moving out of my place into a bigger one and will have 3 garage bays; 1 for the lady and 2 for me. I love the DSG in my GTI but I crave a manual now and then for fun driving.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Next topic, should I buy an S2000 next fall? I'm moving out of my place into a bigger one and will have 3 garage bays; 1 for the lady and 2 for me. I love the DSG in my GTI but I crave a manual now and then for fun driving.

AP2 S2K is definitely a fun second car for the money. Reliable, fun, good on power, convertible.....

That or a Miata.

adolan21

Ready to race!

Feet on the dash are a pet peeve of mine. I mean really its a car not your fucking living room. Number one rule for me is NO SMOKING (weed or cigs), NO FOOD, but drinking is OK as long as I get a beer/shot.

adolan21

Ready to race!
AP2 S2K is definitely a fun second car for the money. Reliable, fun, good on power, convertible.....

That or a Miata.

I've had a Miata and it was fun but a bit too underpowered (Mine was a 1990). Of course I've always wanted an E46 M3 but the maintenance costs are just too much to handle.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Not to be a Homer....but I've always loved the First gen NSX. Its such a blast to drive and yet it doesnt need the power. I'm fortunate enough to have a guy that sits next to me at work that drives one and he lets me take it for a mean spin every now and then. Its pretty stout and the "experience" is what gets you more than driving fast.

NSX is awesome.

Mid-engine RWD, manual trans, real cable throttle... it's an attainable dream car.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I've had a Miata and it was fun but a bit too underpowered (Mine was a 1990). Of course I've always wanted an E46 M3 but the maintenance costs are just too much to handle.

Definitely the biggest problem with older sporty cars is the maintenance. I've wanted the same M3....but I cannot justify the cost of maintaining it. They're harder to work on too.

I'd love to import an older Civic Type R....that would be stellar.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
NSX is awesome.

Mid-engine RWD, manual trans, real cable throttle... it's an attainable dream car.

No joke. ~$25K w/ about 100-130K Miles. Easy to work on. Reliable. Very driver connected.

Something we can agree on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.