GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General APR Discussion.

GOODS

Ready to race!
This has been stated over and over again with regards to the exhausts. There was a plan to fix this. The plan never happened. Mangrove effectively killed the plan and now they're simply looking to dump the Corsa product on the rest of the community before releasing their APR branded line (will probably be released at the distributor conference in Feb 2015) which is not manufactured by Corsa.

OK, but where in the hell does it say that their exhausts are made by Corsa and that they handle their warranties?

http://www.goapr.com/products/apr_exhaust_mk6_20tsi.html

I know that this is the case, but that information is non-existent on APR's landing page for the product. They advertise it as APR's exhaust with a lifetime warranty.

What's the new exhaust going to be called? APR's APR Exhaust?

crew219

Banned
OK, but where in the hell does it say that their exhausts are made by Corsa and that they handle their warranties?

I know that this is the case, but that information is non-existent on APR's landing page for the product. They advertise it as APR's exhaust with a lifetime warranty.

I have no idea how the new exhausts will be marketed, but I'm sure there will be wording that it is better than the previous stuff, that Corsa didn't supply a product that they felt was up to their quality standards & blah blah blah. Provided they can sell the majority of their inventory of course ;)

The exhausts that will be produced (if they even do something other than just a downpipe) will have characteristics very similar to other exhausts on the market. It is of no surprise since it comes down to one particular employee that now works at APR.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com

It may not be advertised since they have APR branding all over it. I bet if you called, though, they would tell you Corsa manufactured it for them. This has been discussed plenty of times with plenty of corroboration - in fact, if you search the forum, I'm pretty sure you'll find it.

GTInsuch

Banned
APR indicated they are still looking into a MK6 Stage 2 file update. This was in a reply on their facebook post, showing a new 1.8 destroying a Stage 2 GTI

Hilarious. Any word on that update APR? :rolleyes:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Mine was not any more expensive than most alternatives. Was like 1100 shipped for an x-pipe, both mufflers, and hardware. I am thinking that Corsa probably isn't to blame on this one, but I haven't really paid that much attention to the whole story.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
I mean, if I had a sense of humor and worked at APR...

I'd definitely work chili references into every new product. :laugh:

"DSG farts like last night's beer and beans"

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Eat enough chili, they could fart into an exhaust

"No drone? That's the RSC at work."

Sometimes I drone, depends on how much beer and chili I've had.