GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

General APR Discussion.

Merkle

Banned
Was this an independent decision made by forum management due to shit getting out of control or was there influence from APR? I think we would all like a little clarity and transparency from board management given that APR is an official sponsor of the forum (i.e pays money to advertise). If some of things being said are true then their maybe a conflict of interest as the board would profit at the expense of board members who may not be fully aware of the issues at hand.

Full disclosure:

APR vendors and myself aren't really on speaking terms. I have called one in particular an 'asshole', many times via PM. I discussed this with the other mods, and we came to a conclusion. Threads were turning into "APR employee is such an asshole" Instead of "APR's products have issues X, Y, and Z" I shut down the threads to avoid individuals from getting attacked.

Like I said in my earlier announcement, we know who these people are, we know what they're like now. It's time to move on and just let them be. We all had that one asshole friend, and what do you do after a while? You just leave them alone, and get them out of your life. Same applies here, same applies to me as well. I haven't been at my best, I jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else, time to make amends.

TL;DR We made the decision on our own. Enough was enough.

Teddy Redskinz

Ready to race!
Full disclosure:

APR vendors and myself aren't really on speaking terms. I have called one in particular an 'asshole', many times via PM. I discussed this with the other mods, and we came to a conclusion. Threads were turning into "APR employee is such an asshole" Instead of "APR's products have issues X, Y, and Z" I shit down the threads to avoid individuals from getting attacked.

Like I said in my earlier announcement, we know who these people are, we know what they're like now. It's time to move on and just let them be. We all had that one asshole friend, and what do you do after a while? You just leave them alone, and get them out of your life. Same applies here, same applies to me as well. I haven't been at my best, I jumped on the bandwagon with everyone else, time to make amends.

TL;DR We made the decision on our own. Enough was enough.

Thank you, Merkle.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
If you like, research how U came to business. That is the shadiest shit that deserves its own thread.
Reseach R on the same...

I removed the "names"... I think most people know how R was created. Since this is the off topic forum, and you seem to know information on the "other" company, feel free to vent!

I'm just going to stick with using MBC's on all my future new vehicles, so I won't have to deal with anybody! :laugh:

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I removed the "names"... I think most people know how R was created. Since this is the off topic forum, and you seem to know information on the "other" company, feel free to vent!

I'm just going to stick with using MBC's on all my future new vehicles, so I won't have to deal with anybody! :laugh:

I did but it was instantly deleted. A "fan" page created by master troll when he was pro-apr:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Copy-Take-Steal-BlameArin/641275339221779

Its towards the bottom of the page, along with other dirt.

Mk6Mario

Passed Driver's Ed
Let's get this all sorted out everyone.

It's your money, your car, buy what ever product that you want to.

I for one bought APR's tune because of the fact that I can switch programs very easily at the time, there's litterally 4-5 APR dealers 10-30 mins away from me, and Ian at the time I got tuned at h2oi, convinced me.

As for my intake, I chose the Carbonio Stage 1 & 2 because it looks the best imo, sounds amazing, and is very quiet when I'm not on it which I like.

So as you can see I purchased these products because of many different reasons not because APR was the vendor, but the products did everything that I paid for.

Now some of you I know for a fact are going to bring the exhaust issue, well yes I agree APR fucked up, but honestly the exhaust does do what it is advertised even though it is misrepresented.

Crew219's situation well it sucks, but in reality if none of the things that happened to him, happened, he would never publicize all this information. So you guys do realize he's not doing this for the community, he's doing it out of spite and for his own gain.

So let's stop the bashing it's getting redundant and old...and if APR continues to make appealing products in the future I for one will purchase from them as I have with my tune and intake...

Just my 0.2 cents

GOODS

Ready to race!

Wait, I thought this was about keeping personal information out of discussion. We can't even name companies or vendors now?

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Crew219's situation well it sucks, but in reality if none of the things that happened to him, happened, he would never publicize all this information. So you guys do realize he's not doing this for the community, he's doing it out of spite and for his own gain.

So let's stop the bashing it's getting redundant and old...and if APR continues to make appealing products in the future I for one will purchase from them as I have with my tune and intake...

Just my 0.2 cents

:clap:

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Wait, I thought this was about keeping personal information out of discussion. We can't even name companies or vendors now?

Code names, man.

Chili, Canadian Bacon, and Fish and Chips. I think everyone can figure out who is who. :laugh:

crew219

Banned

Incorrect.

This has been stated over and over again with regards to the exhausts. There was a plan to fix this. The plan never happened. Mangrove effectively killed the plan and now they're simply looking to dump the Corsa product on the rest of the community before releasing their APR branded line (will probably be released at the distributor conference in Feb 2015) which is not manufactured by Corsa.

So, it is fully up to consumers to make an informed decision as to whether or not they want to purchase leftover inventory that APR needs to move or if they want to wait for product that will be supported by APR in the future.

As for the new stuff, it's up to you to decide if it's worth the amount APR wants to charge for it.

Mustache Rash, give it a rest. Or if you want, pm me and I'll probably give you whatever information you're looking for.

Dave