GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gbot's 19R 2.5VR6T Build

Which engine for the Turbo VR build is it gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You know we all want a “how much did this cost” total lol

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG

Drove about 250 km out of the 450 planned because people kept stopping me to chat :) here's some revs. I'll upload cold start later

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Car sounds awesome!

So when are you planning the trek to VIR where it can stretch its legs on the 4000ft back straight? 👀
I dream of the eventually. I love driving the course in sim. Maybe if I get to WitW I can do some hot laps while in the area.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
I dream of the eventually. I love driving the course in sim. Maybe if I get to WitW I can do some hot laps while in the area.

I’ll be at VIR in Feb/May/Dec for sure next year. Chances are there’ll be another 7-10 MK7s at each as well.

Generally speaking you can’t just show up and drive, depends on the group running. There’s nothing anywhere near the 24 WITW dates, probably all private events, testing, etc.

Attachments

• IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
I’ll be at VIR in Feb/May/Dec for sure next year. Chances are there’ll be another 7-10 MK7s at each as well.

Generally speaking you can’t just show up and drive, depends on the group running. There’s nothing anywhere near the 24 WITW dates, probably all private events, testing, etc.
Yeah I know the drill with events: gotta sign up ahead of time. Wish the continent were a bit smaller so it was feasible up get out there!

Also, cold start as promised:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Up to 950 out of the 1000km break in period. Starting to put a lot more juice into it and heat cycling everything and my poor winter tires are no match for the grunt of this monster lol.

In the new year we’re going to try to get a dual mic setup going for some high load audio/video capture. One in the engine bay and one out back with mics good enough to not break up under the sound. Over 5k RPM it sounds incredible, and the induction sounds are divine.

Last edited:

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Well folks, break in is DONE!

1704327418871.png

Technically I reset my trip indicator after about 20-30km of bringing it home. :) This thing fucking hits so hard and is so fast. First real stab at the throttle it flung me back into the seat hard enough to shake my grip on the wheel lol. I am going to strap my GoPro to the back this weekend and get some A/V of some pulls.

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Got a Dragy?
I do not, but do know HPA is keen to do some drag strip action with the platform in the coming months. I'm wholly focused on road course prep and fun atm.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just read all of this, so stoked for you and what a awesome build!! Your car is my car if I had the budget to do so. It makes me salivate like I am staring down a pepperoni pizza lol.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Well folks, break in is DONE!

View attachment 297412

Technically I reset my trip indicator after about 20-30km of bringing it home. :) This thing fucking hits so hard and is so fast. First real stab at the throttle it flung me back into the seat hard enough to shake my grip on the wheel lol. I am going to strap my GoPro to the back this weekend and get some A/V of some pulls.
Don't worry, you get used to it (the power) after a while.