GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

G37 vs Stage 2 GTI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
omg a downpipe and some leaky fuel pump internals watch out for that maxed out 2.0t!

Daishi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GLI Manual
Sounds like a flybye, not a race..

nice car rev!! i picked up a 370z a few months back have been having lots of fun with it. and yea ive pulled on a revo stage 2 gti before.. only 1 gear.. especially at the end of 3rd youll start to pull hard. the gears in these cars are very long 2nd can do about 70 and 3rd can do 99. great cars though.

MKV_09

09 TSI
I have been siting in the background for quite some time on this forumn and I dont know about anyone else but Rev is a pretty Cocky SOB. Everyone that starts a thread that has anything good to say about a VW knows Rev is soon to show up and knock the hell out of you.
I do agree there are some VW fanboys but Rev if you dont think you are not a Japanese fanboy you must be delerious.
I want to clear up what some may think after this post. I have owned Hondas, Nissans, and now a VW. They all have their Pros and Cons but are all good reliable performance machines.
It is human instinct to create excuses for their shortcomings related to their cars especially if you are a car fanatic.
I also know it is probably my turn to be burned by Rev his his great knowledge and superiority.
Rev-
Say what you need to but you wont get the satisfaction of getting me feathered but do us all a favor and go somewhere else.

I have been siting in the background for quite some time on this forumn and I dont know about anyone else but Rev is a pretty Cocky SOB. Everyone that starts a thread that has anything good to say about a VW knows Rev is soon to show up and knock the hell out of you.
I do agree there are some VW fanboys but Rev if you dont think you are not a Japanese fanboy you must be delerious.
I want to clear up what some may think after this post. I have owned Hondas, Nissans, and now a VW. They all have their Pros and Cons but are all good reliable performance machines.
It is human instinct to create excuses for their shortcomings related to their cars especially if you are a car fanatic.
I also know it is probably my turn to be burned by Rev his his great knowledge and superiority.
Rev-
Say what you need to but you wont get the satisfaction of getting me feathered but do us all a favor and go somewhere else.

Please. All this sh*t stems from the fact that Rev's daily driver is faster than 99% of peoples stock turbo cars here.

btekk

loveVAG
lined up, three honks, took off. i shut down not to waste gas, he was beasting it. trying to catch up.

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Yeah I'm tired of the mother fucker too. Thinking that having a faster car means a better car is equal to thinking your girlfriend having a better job means she is a better catch.

Even comparing a stock gti to a stock 370z etc. is not fair. They are different cars in different categories. Think of what Germany offers vs what japan offers. Germany has the autobahn. Our cars are meant for 1) high speed safety 2)high speed stability. End of story. They are "engineered" and not thrown together to fill a niche in the market.

Japanese cars are like bicyles at walmart - huffy, etc. There's a shit load of them plus they look like quality, but they are thrown together and inferior.

There are exceptions to Japanese cars not being engineered. For example, nissan engineered the gtr on the nurburgring. Koreans at hyundai reverse engineered the genesis coupe to be stiffer than an e46 M3. This means they know Germans make better driving machines - ultimate ones in fact.

I also wanna throw in the 370z has nice lines and proportions but the head and tail lights are as squinty as any Japanese man woman or child I have ever seen.

The g37 coupe is big and has a sleek roofline but no other lines. It looks like a grandpa car minus two doors. It lacks laser welding, especially in the roof. It may have an LSD. It may have what qualifies as leather. It still looks like a hibachi chef to me. >)

335i is way more car. Handsome as any European, and the look won't ever be outdated.

S200 I think looks nice year after year but lacks power considering you give up 2 seats, trunk room, and practicality.

And yes I have a jetta because I can't afford a $40+k car now. But if I did I would get a 335i. And then I would post on bmw forums and not toyota forums saying how awesome my car is.

True our cars aren't re fastest, but when we lose we are comforted by our cars being superbly engineered.

I bet rev doenst go on porsche, audi, bmw, benz forums running his mouth like he does here.

returnofcc

Terrible Driver
May I ask why you guys all care so much what REV thinks? Congrats, he's a jap fanboy, I'm a german fanboy, there are plenty of fanboys out there, it shouldn't change your experience with your car.

RSC17

R32 OG
Yeah I'm tired of the mother fucker too. Thinking that having a faster car means a better car is equal to thinking your girlfriend having a better job means she is a better catch.

Even comparing a stock gti to a stock 370z etc. is not fair. They are different cars in different categories. Think of what Germany offers vs what japan offers. Germany has the autobahn. Our cars are meant for 1) high speed safety 2)high speed stability. End of story. They are "engineered" and not thrown together to fill a niche in the market.

Japanese cars are like bicyles at walmart - huffy, etc. There's a shit load of them plus they look like quality, but they are thrown together and inferior.

There are exceptions to Japanese cars not being engineered. For example, nissan engineered the gtr on the nurburgring. Koreans at hyundai reverse engineered the genesis coupe to be stiffer than an e46 M3. This means they know Germans make better driving machines - ultimate ones in fact.

I also wanna throw in the 370z has nice lines and proportions but the head and tail lights are as squinty as any Japanese man woman or child I have ever seen.

The g37 coupe is big and has a sleek roofline but no other lines. It looks like a grandpa car minus two doors. It lacks laser welding, especially in the roof. It may have an LSD. It may have what qualifies as leather. It still looks like a hibachi chef to me. >)

335i is way more car. Handsome as any European, and the look won't ever be outdated.

S200 I think looks nice year after year but lacks power considering you give up 2 seats, trunk room, and practicality.

And yes I have a jetta because I can't afford a $40+k car now. But if I did I would get a 335i. And then I would post on bmw forums and not toyota forums saying how awesome my car is.

True our cars aren't re fastest, but when we lose we are comforted by our cars being superbly engineered.

get ready. :scared0016:

DUB2OT

Banned

Oh snap somebody had to say it get ready.

:yikes:

lextildeath

Ready to race!
Ready for what? I was kinda civil in that post. I guess a bit cranky though. The major offense is that he doesn't even have a VW. If he had the G as another car, he could comment as much as he likes about how his G is better than his VW. That would be fine since this forum is for VW owners. He does give some people reality checks, which I respect. I don't even post my disgust when I see a stock mkv vs gallardo thread etc.

But going to a VW forum as a non VW owner (not even prospective VW owner/enthusiast) with out saying nice stuff is kinda foul. Like we are the ones who should feel out of place.

I'll let a trick or treated come to my door. I'll give em candy, but if one of those fuckers talks about my mama, the little fucker will finish 3rd grade in my basement.

you ignorance is the reason I go to VW meets and go out of my way to talk to MKV guys...its a guaranteed laugh...btw the 370Z makes the 335i and 135i its bitch on the track...its looks much better...and from you comments I’m sure you’ve never driven or been in one...if you have; well then you’re just retarded...oh yeah and its 10K cheaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.