GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuse for Fog lights

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Where is the Fuse for the fog lights located the ones in the bumper.

i Just changed the Bulbs but now it won't light up and i got a error in the dash. its should not be the bulbs because they are as original as the come for these cars. i see in the manual that the fog light fuse is in the car but that fuse is ok and is probably for the other fog lights in the headlight. So where is the fuse for the bumper ones?

Morrow

Hmm what can it be than?

They worked fine with my old bulbs after i changed them couse they went out
with original bulbs they won't light up :/

Were your old bulbs burnt out? Why are you replacing them? If your old ones still worked when you took them out, what happens if you put the old bulbs back in, do they work?

Also what is the error on the dash you talk about?

Morrow

Also. Here is a good site I've used before when I did a lot of work on my 98 golf.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/

You have to buy an annual subscription but can be worth it sometimes if you're really stuck or if you plan on doing a lot of your own work to your car.

You would for sure find some wiring diagrams on there to help you troubleshoot.

stefhauk

Ready to race!
Were your old bulbs burnt out? Why are you replacing them? If your old ones still worked when you took them out, what happens if you put the old bulbs back in, do they work?

Also what is the error on the dash you talk about?

The old ones went out blown. The error is just the bulb light and message telling me what bulb it is.

im gonna buy other ones and see if that will work. if not than i guess something had gone bad with the wire or something.

Morrow

The old ones went out blown. The error is just the bulb light and message telling me what bulb it is.

im gonna buy other ones and see if that will work. if not than i guess something had gone bad with the wire or something.

Yeah maybe your old bulb never actually blew and something is shorting in your wiring? Get a wiring diagram and a voltmeter and start checking continuity I guess.

Let us know how it works out!