GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Function & Form Type 1 coilovers for vdubs

Metalmilitia306

Mario Kart 64 Champion
Car(s)
car
i mean it is a nice drop for the price but i'm looking for a setup that can go LOW low lol

I totally understand Where you're coming from, right now i still want some function out of my car so i personally enjoy the ability to adjust the dampening to my liking, but there are alot of cheaper coilovers out there for the people that are just looking to slam their MKV.

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Definitely watching this. a business neighbor got rid of hie Tein Coilovers for the F&F set up on his RSX Type-S. I didn't get a price because i forgot to ask. The website is really neat. Can i get a PM on what type 1's would run?

Last edited:

Hewstn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
So I just got these in :D
install is tonight!

Method82

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Saweet!

GTIWV

WV VW
I have a friend that got these for his accord about 3 years ago, and they have been perfect since. Not a single problem. And I know two people who have them on ek civics and love them. They are really good quality coils

Hewstn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
So I picked up a set of the type 1's for 600 from a local supplier www.assaultech.com (definitely recommend these guys! They are starting to get more into the euro biz)

The coilovers were packaged perfect all individually boxed and wrapped, so no damage worries from shipping. Everything was high quality, as expected.

The install was fairly smooth, especially having 2 guys that have installed f&f's on other cars helping out. Aside from the few run-in's we had (cross-threaded lug bolts, ripped cv boot :banghead: ) it was an easy install and very straight forward.

These being my first coilovers, and only being able to really compare to stock suspension, these are amazing coilovers (first day impression). They have similar ride quality to stock, minus the bounce. It has a solid feel and drives great.

The lowering amount can sit at about 23.5" ftg in the front without getting into messing with the spring rates and the rear could sit at 23" ftg with no problem.

Feel free to ask me any questions about these!

Last edited:

Hewstn

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
So it's been a couple of months...how are the coils treating you? Anyone else try them?

Just saw this! It's been about 3 months with them installed now. For the majority of the time I had them maxed out in the front with only 1 lock ring, and the rear had about a half inch of adjustment left. I got some complaints from friends that sitting in the back was really bouncy, but it wasn't something you could feel up front. I recently maxed out the rear with both lock rings still in, and it gives the whole car a more solid feel a driving experience. I would definitely recommend these to anyone looking for some reasonable coilovers. :thumbup: will post pics of the new setup later

RedLine GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It looks really good and looks like quality stuff...I wonder about type 2 and the price with it...can't stand sitting high anymore so I don't think I can wait