GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel Pressure Limiting Valve?

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have the opposite problem because mine is only requesting 110 BAR but produces an actual of 112 to 120 BAR. It should be requesting 140 BAR per my tune....and no one seems to know why except to say "it is the tune" and GIAC says "not".

I think because lower than specified seems more likely to be a mechanical or physical issue...you'd want to focus on injectors or pump. But unable to pinpoint it for you :(

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
What's the the resistance of the hpfp solenoid and of the wiring to the ecm and fuse panel?

The wiring to ecm and fuse panel measure about 32.8Kohms
It was so hard to get a reading from the HPFP solenoid while the pump is in place, but the pump is brand new, so i wouldn't think it's broke.

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I have the opposite problem because mine is only requesting 110 BAR but produces an actual of 112 to 120 BAR. It should be requesting 140 BAR per my tune....and no one seems to know why except to say "it is the tune" and GIAC says "not".

I think because lower than specified seems more likely to be a mechanical or physical issue...you'd want to focus on injectors or pump. But unable to pinpoint it for you :(

:(
I thought about the injectors, but I think they would produce a fault of their own or at least wouldn't show a pump related to the pump.... I don't know!

high_octane3541

Go Kart Champion
I believe you need to disconnect the harness from the ecm and measure from the correct pin on there to the connector for that valve. This way you will know if there is a break in the wire

BoTcH

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI
I'm becoming more suspicious of the PRV on the fuel rail. since the wiring is fine to the pressure regulator
I took a deeper look at the logs too.
The actual rail pressure keeps up with the specified pressure, with a <5bar difference as long as the specified is 85 bar or less, but once the specified pressure goes beyond 85, the actual starts falling behind.
This kinda points that the fuel rail (PRV) isn't able to maintain the pressure beyond this threshold, doesn't it???

If it was a wiring issue, or a pump issue, it would appear randomly, and probably below 85 bar too? right?