GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FSI Stage 2+ Vs. e46 M3

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Well my friends..sisters..boyfriend has been wanting to run me for awhile now.

I had given in awhile back. We were on a set of toll roads early one morning and they were dead empty. So we had some fun.

Finally getting around to posting it since I found the picture today.

I have installed all the mods on his car, besides the reflash of course.

He has an early '08 FSI 2dr GTI with DSG.
BSH intake.
Forge Twintercooler, paired with S3 intercooler.
APR HPFP
Ebay Downpipe w/ATP clamp
Eurojet cat-back
Revo Stage 2+ flash
DSG flash
BSH mounts

Vs.

'05 e46 M3 6spd.
BimmerWorld Elbow
MS drop in filter
Eisenmann Mid-pipes
AP Headers
RE short shifter
Gintani Tune

We did three runs in total. All highway. Both cars had roughly the same amount of gas and one passenger a piece.

1st. pull was from 40mph. I started off in 2nd. He jumped half a car right away. Within a second I passed him and gained a solid 1.5 cars before I shut down at a 100ish.

Second run was from 60mph. I started in 3rd. Once again he jumped out early. Then reeled him right back in. Id say nearly the same result. 1.5-2 cars max.

We came to a section with a long stretch of straight highway. I told him slow down to 20mph and lets just do one all out run. I started in second got a lot of wheel chirp. Passed him around 60mph and just kept pulling and pulling and pulling.

Friend snapped a picture as I neared redline on 5th gear. Still had some to go before I needed 6th.

I was shocked at how hard to car continued to pull past 100mph. The Gti held in there very well on the lower pulls.

The tune I have on my car is all wrong for the set up im running. Over summer I plan on going with a different tune and airbox set up.

Then I will be looking to challenge my friends TSI k04 gti. Which should be a lot tighter race. With the advantage going to the GTI in the lower range, imo.

I still don't think it will come close to matching the S54's top end.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
eh... i don't believe it...

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Doesnt count if you CSB yourself.

CSB.

TSiUG

sleeper...
How much horsepower do your mods add you think? Do you know what your quarter mile trap speed is? Only reason I ask is I rape my buddies stock e46 and going into the higher speeds dooesnt seem to help him at all. U should make a vid of you v's the TSI k04.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
So far baseline is all I have to go by. 262.2 whp and 230.2 tq.

With the gintani tune and headers I'm pushing roughly 290whp 240tq. (Going by others with similar mods)

Once I get BW to redo a map for me. I'm confident I can put down. a solid 300whp.

During the baseline dyno the car weighed in at 3296lbs with a 1/4 tank. I did have a Gruppe M rear section on at the time that was only 13lbs. I felt like I was loosing power with it, but not sure. It's still in my garage since my neighbors had several complaints about its noise level.

My best 0-60 pull so far has been 4.7sec. (With my mediocre launch skills)

From what i've seen run through irwindale most stock M3's are pulling mid to low 13's in the quarter. Best record stock time was 12.628 on Drag Radials.

I think it should be a good race. I have a GoPro. So ill put it to use.

I look at it this way. The We should both be in the 300whp range. The difference is I'm RWD with LSD.

I know for a fact my buddies k04 is very quick. But, ive seen him countless times struggling to find traction.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
No way in hell Cody. I'm not letting you risk the only CW GLI in North America! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! (TasteofInk)

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
nice runs dude.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Nice runs. Can't wait to see the runs of the K04'd TSI. I think the other advantage you have is the redline of the M3. That probably helps up top.

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
Jose where have you been mang?!?!?!?

Matt

The long gearing helps me a great deal against DSG cars.

When I had my GTI i would always lose ground to anything DSG equipped because of the time it took to shift.

In the M3 on a 3rd gear pull I have to car in third up until 8300 (With my tune) until I need 4th at about a 110mph.

Regardless I expect the k04 to give me a run for my money. If not take me. I just dont see it taking me top end. But, we will see.