GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge Spacer out, Neuspeed Discharge Pipe in.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
I'm just trying to figure out how you are getting so much oil vapor in the turbo pipes.

i have no clue, i dont smoke at all under boost, at all. The car is running great, better than ever too, very strong, so i dont know where the problem could be coming from.

i also found oil vapor in the intercooler piping that connected to my intake mani.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
i have no clue, i dont smoke at all under boost, at all. The car is running great, better than ever too, very strong, so i dont know where the problem could be coming from.

i also found oil vapor in the intercooler piping that connected to my intake mani.

Oil Vapor in Combustion Chamber
-----
Positive Crankcase Ventilation System
Bad Piston Rings
Boosting When the motor is cold

There is always going to be some... but if your spacer was "dripping" oil I would be worried. Since you mention it was only "residue", I wouldn't worry about it.

The SRT had a bad case of oil getting into the Turbo Pipes via the PCV.
To the point it would be a tablespoon or two of oil if you were to drop the intercooler cold side pipe.
To solve it, you could simply put an upgraded check valve inline that would hold up better to the higher boost issues.

I haven't sat down and looked at the 2.0T FSI Motor Specs... so I can't really comment on a fix.

I need to take a look at my wifes GTI and see if she has any "residue issues" with the Forge Spacer. She's had it installed for almost 3K miles now.
I think she is due for another oil change also.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
i have since then put the check valve about 5k miles ago, ive had the spacer on most the life of the car, about a year.

i dont boost in cold weather, actually non of the above, i do however believe my PCV has gone to shit, it wasnt too fresh of oil either it was just residue. big black spot. on my undercarriage.

but the car performs flawlessly.

alf

Geesevs

Interior > Horsepower
Car(s)
07 GTI
well alf you sold me on the neuspeed pipe

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
the J-pipe is the one i got, thats the delete pipe for the noise pipe, it goes from the air manifold in the front of the engine to the bottom intercooler pipe on front driver side.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
hmm sounds good.

only thing holding me back is the fact that in the distant future i might buy a fmic, but i suppose i could sell it and get most the money back.

would a fmic even delete that part of the intercooler piping anyways?

whats your list of mods? id suppose that would have a pretty good effect on the gain this pipe would give you.

also, what all had to be done to get it installed?

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
2nd pipe.

the intercooler hooks up to the stock pipe, so dont let it hold u back, ive seen intercooler setups with the noise pipe still connected.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
oh alright i thought u were talking about the first pipe...

anyone heard anthing about that first pipe