GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge DV Spike Reduction Mod

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I ordered that fuel filter. Were your "BARBS" plastic?

I tried threading them into the fuel filter and they just stripped. Stripped all 6 that it came with.

I keep stripping mine as well any help here?????

I have the check valve and now its faster already just need help doing the fuel filter part!

etang789

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I keep stripping mine as well any help here?????

I have the check valve and now its faster already just need help doing the fuel filter part!

I found out if i take off the fuel filter apart and threading from the other side it works... seems like from the outside its manufactured a tad too small!

what should I do?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
would this mod help with intermittent vaccuum spikes at idle or is it only designed for when the valve is open and in boost?

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
bump

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
the valve has been cleaned and lubed recently. what typically happens is when coming to a stop and the gears are downshifting, once i'm in first, the vac will go from -20 hg to -16 or -18 momentarily before settling back down at -20. i was just wondering if this mod will alleviate this issue. it hasn't posed a problem to me yet, it's just a bit annoying since i can feel and hear the little spike in my rpms.

GTI BOB

Ready to race!
im confused. tell me if im right on the install:

[DV]======[fuel filter]=============[check valve>>>]==[forge tap]

is the check valve pointing the correct way?

also, what does the fuel filter do? and does it matter which way you install it?