GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Forge 2.0T Blow Off Valve

GTI689

Oval Champion
Im thinking of getting a Forge 2.0T Blow Off Valve and was wondering if this is the right one before i buy it? Also iv herd this can cause power losses but could not find any proof? i have also herd somthing about less gas milage, can any one confrim this? Does any one have one of these and can tell me how they like it so far?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Forg...ryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

06gtimkv

Autocross Newbie
I got it about a month ago, and I love it. This being my first turbo'd car, i didnt know what to expect. It doesnt hurt or enhance performance, its solely for sound. It took alittle getting used to b/c it goes off at every shift and eveytime you let off the gas, so be prepared, but overall i love it and its got my vote. afterall, for like $70, how can you go wrong....but just my two cents

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
Yeah i herd alot of rumors aswell about power loss and less MPG with a BOV.
i dont know if its true.

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
I've had it for about 2 weeks and 06gtimkv said it does take some getting used to, but i love it makes the turbo heard. It's pretty loud, but not too loud. And as far as power loss and hurting mpg. I believe those are just bad rumors. Because my mpg avg. is still the same and i drive both city and highway, about 450 miles per week. As far as power go's my seat of the pants dyno still reads FAST.

GTI689

Oval Champion
Texas_MkV said:
I think that people are experience mpg loss because they can't help but rev up the engine and let of the gas to listen to the sound which is bad for mpg :smile:.

Yea thats what i was thinking too

CASHmoney

Drag Racing Champion
Does the turbo constantly spool up or only at higher RPM's? If the car is driven conservatively, will that prevent the BOV from going off? The sound would be nice if your hard on the throttle but would get very annoying to me at every single sift.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
CASHmoney said:
Does the turbo constantly spool up or only at higher RPM's? If the car is driven conservatively, will that prevent the BOV from going off? The sound would be nice if your hard on the throttle but would get very annoying to me at every single sift.

Unless you shift before say, 1500rpm, your going to get the noise, the peak of sound seems to be between 2500 and 3500 and it gets less noticable above that.

It is really quite though below 2k, and if you have the radio on and the windows up, you probably wont hear it, at least to an annoying level.

My favorite part is driving up to someone with their window open and shifting right as my engine is next to their window, PSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.:headbang:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
thats not right :bellyroll: :bellyroll:

Accel

Rally Car Champion
I'd pay a bit more to get the adjustable one, its nice being able to close it for dealer trips and such, its a bitch and a half to install, would suck having to take it off a bunch.

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
There are a bunch of people saying that it affected their performance, and I vaguely remember seeing a dyno proving it, or someone saying they dyno'd it. The thing is, there are considerably more people saying it didn't change their performance at all... it may be an installation issue, a production issue, or something else that we can't yet identify, maybe having to do with what else has been done to the car, or the type of tranny. It's up in the air at the moment. I definitely plan on running before and after dynos to test it for myself, on my car. I'm a lazy sob, so I don't know when I'll get around to it, but I ordered mine.

This has been discussed many times, and only time will tell at this point. It really sounds cool though, if that's what you're aiming for.