GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For the Girlfriend: 02 A4 or 02-04 WRX?

MKV Aaron

Form Follows Function
Car(s)
Golf R
Neither are really good cars to be considered "the reliable DD." The B6s have coilpack issues, but they are easily replaced in about 5 minutes with a spare that most people keep in the trunk. Much cheaper to keep a few spares in the trunk and learn how to do it yourself than paying for a tow truck, and service on a part you can do in less than 5 minutes. Besides that, you have your typical turbo car issues, boost leaks, etc. They are nice cars, but slow.

I would look at a used Rabbit, or GTI/GLI. Much newer, and can be had with a warranty. Or lease a car. You can find 07 rabbits for about 10-12k. I got mine new for about 14.5.

BOz

Keep right except to pass
Car(s)
08' MKv GTI
pics of girlfriend? to see what she would look better in.... obviously...

salukiwildcat

Nun Bewbs FTW!
Car(s)
2006 GTI
A4, especially if she's the more image oriented/classier type of gal. If she's the type of gal that will sit on the couch, drink beer and watch football with you, get her the WRX.

My guess is she'll probably pick the Audi if she made the choice herself.

xyouthx

slow ass car
haha, bunch of old fuckin fat creeps on this site. I've been to VW cruise in's and I see the dudes that sit behind these screen names so no pics of my gf. I'm 23, in my prime, and yeah she's classy, no beer guzzling, and she's decided to wait until she graduates this summer to get a car. So the 97 grand am will survive for the rest of the summer hopefully...but for convo's sake, I'd like to hear more about these two cars since I'm obsessed with subies and audi's....

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
you already know you can't go wrong with either, shouldn't it just come down to whatever you can find that is in the best shape for the lowest price?

xyouthx

slow ass car
you already know you can't go wrong with either, shouldn't it just come down to whatever you can find that is in the best shape for the lowest price?

well to a point. I mean, for her sake, I want her to have something reliable that she can drive and make payments on and not have to worry about going to the shop on top of that, which VW/Audi's are no stranger to. So, that's why I created the thread. Common knowledge is that a Subaru is commonly more reliable that an Audi, but for a B6 I was just seeing how their overall track record because it's a hit or miss with certain VAG models.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
well to a point. I mean, for her sake, I want her to have something reliable that she can drive and make payments on and not have to worry about going to the shop on top of that, which VW/Audi's are no stranger to. So, that's why I created the thread. Common knowledge is that a Subaru is commonly more reliable that an Audi, but for a B6 I was just seeing how their overall track record because it's a hit or miss with certain VAG models.

true. here's a suggestion, well a question first. does your g/f care about it being a turbo motor? if not, she may want to look at the early subaru legacies from this generation...the current gen started in 2005. it's a very, very nice car for the money, and she'd probably be able to get a good deal on one now. and btw, even the n/a 170 hp motor is no slouch, i had my sights set on an 07 n/a model before i got my great deal on the GTI.

xyouthx

slow ass car
true. here's a suggestion, well a question first. does your g/f care about it being a turbo motor? if not, she may want to look at the early subaru legacies from this generation...the current gen started in 2005. it's a very, very nice car for the money, and she'd probably be able to get a good deal on one now. and btw, even the n/a 170 hp motor is no slouch, i had my sights set on an 07 n/a model before i got my great deal on the GTI.

idk, she acts like she's into cars so she wanted an STI (because that's ultimately what I want), but I convinced her how un practical it is for her, so she downgraded to wanting a WRX, and I drool whenever I see audi's. So, if I suggest a Legacy she'll think I'm trying to keep her from a cool car haha. whatever though, I'd rather she get a newer Legacy since they do look dope and are cheaper, or for the love of god just an RS...but if she really wants a sweet car, I wont try to talk her out of it.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
and the best thing about an n/a subaru, you literally have to put no money into it as long as you do your regular maintenance...

xyouthx

slow ass car
let her get that STI!

impractical? nonsense!

4-doors, trunk, 5 seats :]

na, I'm savin that for me :drool:

08's have grown on me since I've seen pics of them built.