GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

For the Girlfriend: 02 A4 or 02-04 WRX?

xyouthx

slow ass car
My gf's looking to get a newer car for the first time, and I cant say that my taste on cars haven't influenced her, but I definitely didn't tell her which cars to look for, but this is what she has showed me that she likes the most.

Both cars are around 60k milage, and for about $13,000.

02 A4, and 02-04 WRX(except 04's are closer to 15k)

now, I love both cars but I'm on the fence on this one. The Subie to my knowledge has a weak tranny until 03.5, and aside from that they're mostly sound. B6 A4's have more electric problems than anything, but I just worry that the Audi would be more expensive to fix, more than she can afford to fix right now. I mean, goin to the shop here and there is expected, but 1k shop visits would ruin her.

Any feedback or suggestions from other car peeps?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i say go wrx..im a little bias though cuz i hate everything about B6. the A4 will probably be a more comfortable ride though. is she gonna be modding the car at all?

xyouthx

slow ass car
I wanna say NO modding. I'm sure she'll try to talk to me about what to do to it and shit, but she has CJ7 to "mod", so this is just the reliable car to get her around and such. now, I might be modding it, but that'd be a different story.

xyouthx

slow ass car
the a4 definitely wins on looks, not a big fan of the bug eye wrx's. But I think reliability is the biggest concern which the subie might win, but maybe b6's are more reliable and I dont know it yet?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i cant speak on reliability for B6's..but when i was doing research for a bugeye a couple months ago, reliability and maintenance didnt seem like an issue at all. i saw alot of posts on nasioc with guys having 150k+ on their buyeyes with just regular maintenance done to it.

when it comes down to it though, i think girls would prefer the audi over a wrx. the audi definitely looks nicer and classier, and im sure the ride quality is much better.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
WRX - more fun and more reliable.

xyouthx

slow ass car
i cant speak on reliability for B6's..but when i was doing research for a bugeye a couple months ago, reliability and maintenance didnt seem like an issue at all. i saw alot of posts on nasioc with guys having 150k+ on their buyeyes with just regular maintenance done to it.

when it comes down to it though, i think girls would prefer the audi over a wrx. the audi definitely looks nicer and classier, and im sure the ride quality is much better.

she's anti leather though. But yeah, I would think an Audi is more of a girl car than a subie. either way I'll be pretty happy......for her I mean.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I'd shy away from the 02 a4. Odds are in favor of the WRX being more reliable. You're right about the early trans being weak though. The case design sucked and caused a lot of flex. I had an 02 and had problems after adding power and a clutch. It was fine stock though. I still love seeing the WRX wagon on the road.

xyouthx

slow ass car
I'd shy away from the 02 a4. Odds are in favor of the WRX being more reliable. You're right about the early trans being weak though. The case design sucked and caused a lot of flex. I had an 02 and had problems after adding power and a clutch. It was fine stock though. I still love seeing the WRX wagon on the road.

Is there any permanent fix to that weak tranny problems? Or just search for an 03.5 and up?