GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS - Confirmed

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Never had a problem with the Focus interior, honestly.

It's no Mk6, but in no means is it a bad place to spend time.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Meh. I had a Focus rental last weekend and the interior is totally fine. Nice features, the Recaro seats in the sport models are awesome, the layout is fine. I like the Focus.

If this thing comes in at $30k decently equipped, with 300 hp and AWD, I'll be impressed. At $35k+ I'd rather have the R for the nicer interior and better looking exterior, probably. Ford really knows how to make cars like this handle well though.

I'd love to have a combo like a Focus ST/RS or GTI/R or MS3 or Civic Type R plus my Corvette or some kind of awesome sports car.

In reality though I'll probably just get an '06-'11 Si to supplement the sports car when I need a DD to save some cash.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
No word on how much?

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
If this thing comes in at $30k decently equipped, with 300 hp and AWD, I'll be impressed. At $35k+ I'd rather have the R for the nicer interior and better looking exterior, probably. Ford really knows how to make cars like this handle well though.

You're smoking crack, son.

If and when this does come to market, this will compete with the STi, R, and (soon to be dead) Evo. We're looking at a $35-40k price tag.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
You're smoking crack, son.

If and when this does come to market, this will compete with the STi, R, and (soon to be dead) Evo. We're looking at a $35-40k price tag.

Maybe they want to steal sales from those models by undercutting them? But you're most likely right. $35-40k is probably more than I'll spend on a car anytime in the near future.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
so.. UK already confirmed it wont be AWD? LULZ....

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
2017 is too far away :(

That is so true! I'll change my mind at least 350 times on what car I want next between now and 2017...

A used Corvette and a used GTI or something just seems way better to me than a $37k Yaris.

As soon as I find a low mileage Vette that I want, that is probably the route I will take. I had a chance to buy a friend's MKIV Supra for $18k, but I passed on it. I really wish I hadn't... He ended up getting $30k for it on eBay motors.

Tech72

Ready to race!
+325hp and AWD

Latest from Road & Track:

"UPDATE: We have additional details about the upcoming 2016 Focus RS from another trusted source, including power output, so let's start with that. With the Mustang GT's V8 holding down a 435 hp spot at the top of the Ford performance pecking order (for now, until the 2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 emerges), the Focus RS is free to turn up the horsepower wick. Since the 2.3-liter Ecoboost is easily capable of more than its 310 hp output in the Mustang, which was dictated more by fuel economy concerns than anything else, the RS is free to pump out between 325 and 350 hp. The higher figure is more likely. This is because as a low-volume, niche product that doesn't compete with the Mustang GT, there's no reason to hold the Focus RS back.

To put the power down, Ford will employ an entirely new AWD system intended for high-output applications. It's not the same system employed on the Fusion, Escape, and MKZ. The new system will employ torque vectoring front and rear to aid handling, and after debuting in the Focus RS it will trickle down to other applications.

That means the Focus RS might have some high-performance AWD company in Ford's lineup soon."

And it will be sold globally per Ford President and CEO Mark Fields.

wolfsburgfanatic

^ that sounds awesome! If they come through with 350hp & awd I'll be impressed. Still need the room of the R wagon though so I won't be in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'll believe it when I see it.