GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus RS - Confirmed

Tech72

Ready to race!
RS is confirmed for NA. While not really my cup of tea, the RS will be a stormer right off the assembly line and be a 'R' killer. It will probably run in league with the new S3, A45 AMG and M135i. Having said that, I'd still prefer an R, especially the R Variant (wagon)....

http://www.motortrend.ca/en/news/1412-ford-focus-rs-confirmed-will-be-available-globally/

On a side note, I took a friend's Focus ST for a drive a few weeks ago. Damn that's a fantastic machine. Definitely quicker than a standard Mk6 GTI and just more capable in most driving conditions. But as a daily driver where I'm not chasing the very last second or fastest lap time, I would still get a GTI without question (and did). The GTI is more well rounded and a better place to spend time in, albeit slightly not as quick. Can't say how the ST is against the Mk7 GTI as I haven't driven the Mk7 yet.

Last edited:

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Torque vectoring....that makes me happy.

Bender1

Banned
RS is confirmed for NA. While not really my cup of tea, the RS will be a stormer right off the assembly line and be a 'R' killer. It will probably run in league with the new S3, A45 AMG and M135i. Having said that, I'd still prefer an R, especially the R Variant (wagon)....

http://www.motortrend.ca/en/news/1412-ford-focus-rs-confirmed-will-be-available-globally/

On a side note, I took a friend's Focus ST for a drive a few weeks ago. Damn that's a fantastic machine. Definitely quicker than a standard Mk6 GTI and just more capable in most driving conditions. But as a daily driver where I'm not chasing the very last second or fastest lap time, I would still get a GTI without question (and did). The GTI is more well rounded and a better place to spend time in, albeit slightly not as quick. Can't say how the ST is against the Mk7 GTI as I haven't driven the Mk7 yet.

Honestly I think the ST cockpit (if you get an ST3) is nicer than an autoban.

Bender1

Banned
For you- In the end that's all that matters. What each of us want. No one size fits all.

No, its a better car.

Faster - handles better - same MPG - similar interior space - more lux. B.e.t.t.e.r.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Totally disagree on the interior being a nicer place to be in the ST. It's a better car than the MK6 from a driving perspective, more power, better handling, etc. The interior is nice enough but the design of the GTI interior is so sexy and elegant, the Focus isn't. It's comfortable, pleasant and has nice features/seats but no one is stroking a Focus dash.

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
Totally disagree on the interior being a nicer place to be in the ST. It's a better car than the MK6 from a driving perspective, more power, better handling, etc. The interior is nice enough but the design of the GTI interior is so sexy and elegant, the Focus isn't. It's comfortable, pleasant and has nice features/seats but no one is stroking a Focus dash.

"STROKING" the dash lol?? :)

DaveSTR

Go Kart Champion
No, its a better car.

Faster - handles better - same MPG - similar interior space - more lux. B.e.t.t.e.r.

I have such a hard time with Ford, more lux and the stroking of the dash lol! :)