GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Flat Rock Motorsports

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
This looks like an awesome track for those that are in Tennessee.

Longest configuration is 5.9 miles 😲

https://experienceflatrock.com/

1000012185.jpg

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Looks like it's a membership location, country club style.

I'd road trip there if they held some open events, it's only 9 hours, it certainly looks amazing.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Should be cool when it opens some day.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Since I don't do track driving or AutoX or whatever, I can really only look at this through the lens of being an F1 fan. The "Endurance" course looks much more interesting to me than the "Grand Prix" course, but I guess 10 km might be too long for F1.

Plus, even though it's Tilke designed and planned to be FIA approved: why would F1 go to a dedicated motorsports track in middle-of-nowhere Tennessee when they could make half-assed street circuits in major metropolitan areas?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Since I don't do track driving or AutoX or whatever, I can really only look at this through the lens of being an F1 fan. The "Endurance" course looks much more interesting to me than the "Grand Prix" course, but I guess 10 km might be too long for F1.

Plus, even though it's Tilke designed and planned to be FIA approved: why would F1 go to a dedicated motorsports track in middle-of-nowhere Tennessee when they could make half-assed street circuits in major metropolitan areas?

I think a 5.9 mile F1 track in the middle of nowhere is perfect for the enthusiast. Leave Vegas and Miami & to a lesser extent Austin too the poseurs.

I would love to see WEC there to for a12 hour race

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I think a 5.9 mile F1 track in the middle of nowhere is perfect for the enthusiast. Leave Vegas and Miami & to a lesser extent Austin too the poseurs.

I would love to see WEC there to for a12 hour race

No disagreement from me on that, I think it would be awesome. But although it's a motorsport competition, F1 is also a business trying to grow its audience and appeal...and Tennessee doesn't have the requisite state oil money to bribe their way to a GP in the middle of nowhere.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Here, more interesting than the proposed GP layout, but shorter than the full Endurance layout:

1699018611574.png

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
............. why would F1 go to a dedicated motorsports track in middle-of-nowhere ?

F1 would be out of their league. Location won't support 400K people in a weekend and that crowd doesn't want to stay at 2 star hotels, you have to have top of the line hotels. I doubt the fledgling operation would have the 100-250 million necesary to even bid on one of these events. Plenty of other types of racing will take place there if they get it open, it is a very risky venture.