GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FLASHING CEL THEN EPC

BRAINWALKIN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 VW GTI 2DR
I already searched all over and found some good info but none of the other EPC issues seem like mine.
I haven't Scanned it yet, my friend has my scanner and I don't have VAG COM
Car Info
2009 TSI
33,620 miles
half a tank of gas

Drove my car this afternoon (ran fine) then left my house this evening and got about a mile down the road and while sitting at the red light I felt the car start to shake and then as soon as I left the light the CEL beeped and then flashed and then the EPC light came on both went solid and the engine was idling rough.
I pulled in to a parking lot and got out the exhaust sounded like a WRX. I popped the hood and checked everything. I turned the car off and let it sit for awhile. I then re-checked everything.

I started the car again (same issues). I left the parking lot and headed back home. I could drive the car normally besides for the shaking and the strange exhaust note. I don't think the car was in "limp mode" because I could go over 3500 rpm.

Never replaced coil packs, plugs, or fuel filter. (I just ordered all that)

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
I already searched all over and found some good info but none of the other EPC issues seem like mine.
I haven't Scanned it yet, my friend has my scanner and I don't have VAG COM
Car Info
2009 TSI
33,620 miles
half a tank of gas

I died :lol:

BRAINWALKIN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 VW GTI 2DR
I went ahead and bought just one coil locally and replaced it. The issues has stopped the cars runs fine. I went for a test drive, all is good unless I accelerate hard the car starts to stutter and sounds like an 18 wheelers exhaust brake in any gear that I'm in. If I ease into it the car gains speed fine it's only when I "smash the gas".....WTF

NO CODES THROWN

LateAPXR

Ready to race!
That's also the sign of an almost dead coil pack. Maybe you replaced the wrong one or you had more than one dying on you.

I had that happen once. It was fine around town but when I asked for more speed/throttle it started bucking and would throw a CEL.

BRAINWALKIN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 VW GTI 2DR
hmmm no CEL. I drove about 30mins straight. Maybe I will go buy 3 more. I already ordered them off the internet but I need my car...LOL
I really hope it isn't a fuel injector or the dreaded intake manifold issue

Thanks