car ran great
didn't burn a drop of oil, which i was surprised

Brakes:
carbotech xp10 front, ax6 rear
removed the dust shields in the front to aid in cooling
brakes were phenomenal, pads are all you need to really make the car stop
even my instructor commented on how good the brakes were
I had zero brake fade, I overheated the tires , but never the brakes
my only complaint is the the wear on the front pads, at this rate, they will probably only last 4 more days of lapping

Tires:
235/40/17 Hankook R-S2 Z212
the car needs more tire
the weight of the car easliy overwhelms/overheats the tires
R compounds would probably help with brake pad wear also, when the tires overheated i had to extend my braking zones
tire pressures i kept at around 42psi HOT, which worked pretty well

Suspension:
Bilstein PSS9, and custom 28.5mm rear swaybar
car handled great on track, that big rear sway helps a lot with initial turn in
I left the damping settings alone, full soft front, full stiff rear.

Overall impressions of the car:
very good
the torque on the car is great, i don't have to shift as much as my old integra
with the integra, it had a very narrow torque band, so i always had to keep it above 5k rpm
I can definitely the weight of the car in the uphill esses, car just wants to be pulled off track, the integra was much more light footed
the car doesn't give as much feedback as my integra did, but overall still pretty decent
I passed a good amount of Integra Type R's :biggrin:

here is a shot that a friend took

AndorGLI

18 and i'll still take U!
Car(s)
VW MKV GLI
dam bro you must of had a nice time. were you the only mkv there?

StreetSpeed2000

Passed Driver's Ed
Did the rear sway bar keep the handling fairly neutral? I'm so happy with the balance that I don't really want to add a sway bar for fear that it will have more tendency to over steer. VIR looks like it would be hard on brakes and tires. Those carbotech's are fantastic though. I added them plus stainless lines and Pentosin fluid before Limerock last week (and though Limerock isn't too tough on brakes) and the brakes always felt great.

Dan GSR

Autocross Champion
dam bro you must of had a nice time. were you the only mkv there?

I was the only VW there period

Did the rear sway bar keep the handling fairly neutral? I'm so happy with the balance that I don't really want to add a sway bar for fear that it will have more tendency to over steer. VIR looks like it would be hard on brakes and tires. Those carbotech's are fantastic though. I added them plus stainless lines and Pentosin fluid before Limerock last week (and though Limerock isn't too tough on brakes) and the brakes always felt great.

the swaybar in no way effects the cars handling in a negative way
in fact, i hate how the car handles without it, car understeers too much
the car is very much neutral with the bar, if anything i think i can use more spring rate in the rear.

I also forgot to mention i have steel braided brake lines, tyrolsport brake bushings, and ATE superblue

VIR wasn't really hard on my brakes when i had my integra, but the added weight of the car really made a difference

dtvburns

Tweek
Dampeners full soft in the front? For track I run mine at 4 and for AutoX I run them full stiff. I have not tried full soft for the front, why did you do that?

dtvburns

Tweek
OK, I was just looking for your experiences, this is m first FWD car. I like the front softer too... after the tires warm up