GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First attempts at a detail (engine bay and plastic trim only)

Big_Woofer

Master of One
Car(s)
'08 GTI
So I needed to install my R8 ignition coils and I wanted to remove the oil filler neck tube. I finally got the motivation and the sunlight to do it. The main thing I got out of this is that some of the products from chemicalguys.com are pretty sweet and if I practice I might even get better results. If you are looking to restore the look of your fading black plastic trim you should look at this. For the trim I used their Blue Guard II. The engine bay only used their natural look product and is not means to look shiny but rather just more like new.

Note that the rest of the car is dirty and was not washed before these images. I will wash it later and see how she looks.

Check out the engine bay before and after. Note that the Blue Guard II was used on the grill:

Next look at the oil filler neck tube. Note that you can see the R8 ignition coils behind it:

This is just an example of some of the grime and you can see that I couldn't get it all:

This is a better shot of the grill:

The difference on the fog light grill looked better in person:

Just a side shot of the engine bay:

***Important note*** On the before picture I had tested the product before it rained and the left half of the bumper was treated. It went through 3 rain storms and still held color and shine. Also note that it is dirty on the entire thing but even while dirty it looks better while treated.:

This just shows a close up shot of the front lip and the treated side skirt:

I have higher resolution images of the before and after if anyone is interested.

Big_Woofer

Master of One
Car(s)
'08 GTI
The site purchased from and products are listed in the description. You can see which products you like but I bought them from chemicalguys.com.