GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Finally...

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins
Taken this arvo, noticed the display? :confused:

:coolpics:

I've always said to everyone that the R32 should only be offered in one colour only, being Silver.
I really thought it's a 'no-brainer' of a decision, yet I haven't seen one Silver R32 in Sydney at all (until sort of now). None in the dealerships or on the roads.

Your pics definitely confirmed a 'boner' for me. The colour blends naturally well with all the silver/chromey parts. All you have to do is just look at the wheels and I think nobody can argue that it's the only colour that gives you the full colour coded effect. Awesome! :drool:

Don't really understand people who also drive say non-silver TTs or non-red Ferraris.

Anyhow, I'm babbling on. But really a silver R32 adds to that whole nostalgia of a wolf in sheeps clothing. :respekt:

So if I was you Backseat Driver, I'd definitely be driving around with my windows down screaming ACHTUNG BABY! at all the cars I've blasted past. :bow:

Last edited:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Sweet ride Donald - looks like you got beauty and the beast! :thumbsup:
I much prefer those Karthoums over the Zolders too.

And yeah, we also get those glossy piano black style B-pillars.

P.S.
I put in a cd the other day and the display said "das ist ein groovy beat"
lol j/k :laugh:

michael_

mvettasphotography.com
Car(s)
GTI Mark5 / EVO IV

I've always said to everyone that the R32 should only be offered in one colour only, being Silver.
I really thought it's a 'no-brainer' of a decision, yet I haven't seen one Silver R32 in Sydney at all (until sort of now). None in the dealerships or on the roads.

Your pics definitely confirmed a 'boner' for me. The colour blends naturally well with all the silver/chromey parts. All you have to do is just look at the wheels and I think nobody can argue that it's the only colour that gives you the full colour coded effect. Awesome! :drool:

Don't really understand people who also drive say non-silver TTs or non-red Ferraris.

Anyhow, I'm babbling on. But really a silver R32 adds to that whole nostalgia of a wolf in sheeps clothing. :respekt:

So if I was you Backseat Driver, I'd definitely be driving around with my windows down screaming ACHTUNG BABY! at all the cars I've blasted past. :bow:

aussie silver r32 2door http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15596

aussiegti

VW pumping thru my veins

Thanks mate! Yep, if I ever upgrade from my GTI, it's definitely gonna be the Silver R32 with Recaros and a Haldex controller. :drool:

Figure that's the most logical BFYB upgrade from the GTI, but would struggle to lose the turbo. :frown:

Was thinking about the S3, but so far have read so many reviews taking a dump on it.

BTW, that looks like Barf-world Mascot. So did you manage to get a new rear wiper, Michael?

Donald32

Backseat Driver

Thanks Aussie. :thumbsup: Would have accepted grey myself but as you noted, the front grill will stand out which I wanted to avoid. My previous vehicle was silver with dark windows, so it was hard to not do silver again. In any event, missus' mkv is grey and it would have been weird to have two grey in the garage.

Sweet ride Donald - looks like you got beauty and the beast! :thumbsup:
I much prefer those Karthoums over the Zolders too.

And yeah, we also get those glossy piano black style B-pillars.

P.S.
I put in a cd the other day and the display said "das ist ein groovy beat"
lol j/k :laugh:

I'm very pleased with the Karthoums. Cleaning is a breeze too :thumbsup:

The glossy b-pillar covers were a surprise to me and I'm really pleased with them. Am thinking of ordering a set for my missus' too. Need to find out where.

Window tinting coming on this Friday :thumbup:

Last edited:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
In any event, missus' mkv is grey and it would have been weird to have two grey in the garage.

Very nice indeed!!

Aww, you should have got a grey as well. You can have a race out to the garage with the missus to see who gets the r32 for the day and who don't :bellyroll: