GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Filter fell off intake for about 30 miles... Issues?

HipToss

Behind the iron sights
Car(s)
2008 GTI
So I was on highway and car was slightly bucking on and off, nothing huge. Got to destination and popped hood to find filter not connected to intake. It is snowing out. Put filter on... Anything I should worry about? Car will be parked for the rest of the evening outside.

Respects,

A

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
If your car sounds the same as before, then i wouldnt worry about it. You would have to suck in some bigger stuff like small rocks or alot of sand to damage anything.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
I'd get an oil change, stat. I wouldn't be as worried about sucking in a stray cat or a brick as I'd be worried about ingesting particles of sand and grit from the road. This grime could potentially cause premature wear on parts or get embedded in the bearings, and cause you to spin a bearing. Worst case scenarios, sure, but it's worth getting an oil change just to be safe.

BlueAHR32

Autocross Champion
Yea what everyone else said. If your motor is acting fine now I wouldn't worry about it, however the suggestion of doing an oil change is a great idea. Never hurts to change the oil and its worth it for the peace of mind.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
No problem. Can almost guarantee you will be fine though, but an oil change'll be good insurance...

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I have the same set-up, and I want to go check it now :rolleyes:

I agree with Bunn on the ASAP oil change. Good luck, man.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I wouldn't waste money for an oil change. More dirt passes the filter in 10000 miles than ever will get into your engine in what, a hour driving slow? And it was snowing, so that's even more in your favor. Keeps down the air polution.

h0ckeyfreek20

Go Kart Champion
Seems like the more I look into getting a P-Flo the more I find people that have issues with them.

uhh the only issue is that bj boy cant tighten a hose clamp.

Justin@BSH

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
The filter being off for a short amount of time is not going to do anything that requires an oil change. Sand particulates aren't going to get past the rings into the oil.