GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Facebook stock

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Not sure. some investors seem to be pulling out. if you can get it for like 38-50 I would buy some.

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Someone in my office is trying to buy this right now and plans to upload it tonight if it goes up.

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
its sad that facebook is the most valued company today. what happens if facebook becomes the next myspace? your $38 a share just disappears? Might as well go to AC and play the tables.

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
Car(s)
VW Veyron GT Rotary
its sad that facebook is the most valued company today. what happens if facebook becomes the next myspace? your $38 a share just disappears? Might as well go to AC and play the tables.

Why is it sad? If you honestly think Facebook will just flat out fall on it's face like myspace your delusional. The stock market is a gamble, but it's calculated. It's not blind luck, it's just good investing.

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I'm fairly confident this is the beginning of the end for Facebook.. the stock may rise initially, but now they'll be trying to boost revenue every chance they get.. more ads, less privacy, probably "premium" features..

Kinda like when myspace was purchased by NewsCorp for $580 million and sold last year to Justin Timberlake for $35 million..

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
Why is it sad? If you honestly think Facebook will just flat out fall on it's face like myspace your delusional. The stock market is a gamble, but it's calculated. It's not blind luck, it's just good investing.

its sad because there are so many more important companies than facebook. dont get butt hurt. i never said its definitely going to fall off but if you think that cant happen then you're the one who is delusional my friend.

btw, didnt i just hear some of their advertisers are pulling ads due to bad return?

Lucidity

Marx
Facebook will be around for sometime, if it was anything like myspace, google+ would have killed it. Also, both of you used the wrong form of your.

It's also far different than a corporation that is widely hated by the more youth generation buying an already outdated product.

I'd buy some, but the stock market just seems like a huge scam these days.

kenneth_cano

kenneth
Car(s)
2006 GTI MKV
dumb question lol im thinking of buying a share, how do i do this? Its my first time ever and dont have a good idea what site or how. Any help would help:)

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
dumb question lol im thinking of buying a share, how do i do this? Its my first time ever and dont have a good idea what site or how. Any help would help:)

Open a brokerage account, (Charles Schwab, ING Direct, E-Trade, etc.) Then you have to deposit money into the account to make a trade. Trades usually are about 9-12$ per trade.

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
Car(s)
VW Veyron GT Rotary
I'm fairly confident this is the beginning of the end for Facebook.. the stock may rise initially, but now they'll be trying to boost revenue every chance they get.. more ads, less privacy, probably "premium" features..

Kinda like when myspace was purchased by NewsCorp for $580 million and sold last year to Justin Timberlake for $35 million..

Facebook is not myspace.

its sad because there are so many more important companies than facebook. dont get butt hurt. i never said its definitely going to fall off but if you think that cant happen then you're the one who is delusional.

I never said it couldn't happen, but I do not think it's likely to happen anytime soon. Who said I was butt hurt? I could care less if you approve or disapprove of Facebook's IPO. It's just obvious you don't understand the business side of Facebook. Facebook is actually "important" in a lot of ways. Most people use it as a tool for staying in touch. But it's real value is they know everything about you specifically. When you like something your not just telling your friends. Your telling Facebook, Hey show me more stuff similar to this. This in the future will be very useful as they move into more of googles territory of search.

PCDT99

Banned
Car(s)
2006 BMP GTI
Honestly today will be the only day to own it, if you can get some. The 38$ price was for hedge and brokers last night, unless you met the underwriters offering requirements (250-500k, x amount of cash in accounts) for IPO during the previous two weeks for allotment you more than likely won't get in at IPO price.

Also you need to look at if you are planning on short selling this stock, you have to take into consideration that if you keep a stock for less than a year you will be heavily taxed on it. Which means to see any real profit from it you will need to make a fairly large purchase. (And dont forget the $18-$20 youll be spending to buy/ then sell your shares).