GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

evo x mr vs mk5 golf gti

mtlss

Ready to race!
after seeing the video of a stage 1 gti pulling 6 cars on the stock mr, i thought i would do a test myself.

i raced my stock evo x mr against my friend's stock mk5 gti. we went from a 40-120 roll. the evo pulled multiple buses 3+

his car will be flashed to stage 1 with an intake by apr next week. and we will race again. predictions anyone?

our 3rd race will be my cobb stage 1 + intake vs the mkv stage 1 + intake gti

DUB2OT

Banned
if the evo pull multiple buses just stage 1 flash is not gonna help the gti that much.
I'd like to see video.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
I'm sorry but if that evo really had 340awhp then it should have raped a Stg 2 GTI. Either it was 240awhp(about stock) or the Evo needs a driver mod BADLY!

Look at it this way.
340AWHP Evo X MR = 192whp per ton
Stage2 GTI (usually 230fwhp)= 148whp per ton.
Stock Evo X MR (about 240awhp) = 135whp per ton.

So from a roll a strong Stage2 or Stage2+ gti would pull a Stock Evo X.
Massive drivetrain loss+3500 pounds= Shitty roll racing.

sloMk5

2007 GTI
a stock X should be in the same ballpark as a basic stage 2 and a tuned one should be around a full bolt on K03 just going off the traps I've seen out there...that may be outdated though because I haven't looked in a while...

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
a stage 1 gti should be able to take a stock evo x. not by much though

Dropsy

Ready to race!
it may depend on the chip and the driver.
uni and revo pulls harder than apr.
just my 2 cents

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
After all this talk I've been wanting to run a stock evo 10. I'm revo 2 and I ran a nine from about 20 mph with undisclosed mods and got killed.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
Evo 9's respond very well to mods. So just a tune and exhaust is all they need to kick the shit out of anything shy of a KO4 GTI.

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
My list of issues - Stage 2 and Stage 2+ GTis have put down far more than 230whp.. but you are APR so i understand if you only have 230whp.

To OP - dont go cobb that is totally a waste. Get a protune/opensource tune you will make far more power for far less money in the end. Cobb is like APR to restrictive on their tuning and doesnt yield the gains that others have seen from going other routes.
I say this cause I have plenty of friends with evos and all are on open source tunes and walk circles around the few that are on cobb. My friend EVO X is opensource tuned with a 26psi spike settling to like 21psi. We raced on the freeway and we were dead even, i started pulling above 120mph though. I was on 100octane fuel and a pnp turbo. Call i can just find posts of him admitting it haha.

I know a few evos..

So food for thought is go protuned/opensource if you are serious about your car.

Another question for people, dont other countries get like Q400 and Q300, etc models of the evo? So its possible the guy in Dubia had a different model than what we see here?

jaycheetwood

Go Kart Champion
Ok 250whp then ya big hater. Thats still only 161whp per ton.

Everyones stage 2 is different i guess its all in what you do with it and who tunes you.

I think if whoever this kid is racing did his car right he could hang with that guy. There are a few threads in the vs section about evo xs not just mine.

mtlss

Ready to race!
My list of issues - Stage 2 and Stage 2+ GTis have put down far more than 230whp.. but you are APR so i understand if you only have 230whp.

To OP - dont go cobb that is totally a waste. Get a protune/opensource tune you will make far more power for far less money in the end. Cobb is like APR to restrictive on their tuning and doesnt yield the gains that others have seen from going other routes.
I say this cause I have plenty of friends with evos and all are on open source tunes and walk circles around the few that are on cobb. My friend EVO X is opensource tuned with a 26psi spike settling to like 21psi. We raced on the freeway and we were dead even, i started pulling above 120mph though. I was on 100octane fuel and a pnp turbo. Call i can just find posts of him admitting it haha.

I know a few evos..

So food for thought is go protuned/opensource if you are serious about your car.

Another question for people, dont other countries get like Q400 and Q300, etc models of the evo? So its possible the guy in Dubia had a different model than what we see here?

true, i will only be using their map for a short time, im using the ap as a storage device so i can flash back to stock and erase the codes when i sell the car, it will be protuned next month.

in terms of fq models. only the weakest models are available in north america.

mtlss

Ready to race!
the guy i raced is a member on this forum, ill ask him to post. i forgot to mention he had 1 130 lbs person in his car