GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

613B6

Ready to race!
Nice to see it rolling, you must be pumped after all this time. Did you end up going with etuners?

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Im not even registered for the show. Im not too worried about making a big deal out of it while im there, whoever wants to see it can. It'll be parked at the helendorf most of the time

There is no preregistration this year. Just gotta show up

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Nice to see it rolling, you must be pumped after all this time. Did you end up going with etuners?

Yes I did. After a year and a half of messing with .do's software then working on hardware because Taylor kept blaming it, the car finally does what its supposed to. I am extremely happy with the help Stelios of Etuners is giving me. Without his assistance and knowledge, the car would still be stuck in the garage with me still working on hardware changes. Its great to have someone this knowledgeable able to fix an issue that has plagued the car for so long. I know people like to jump on the DM bandwagon, but I can't recommend Etuners highly enough for custom remote tuning

drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI
Yes I did. After a year and a half of messing with .do's software then working on hardware because Taylor kept blaming it, the car finally does what its supposed to. I am extremely happy with the help Stelios of Etuners is giving me. Without his assistance and knowledge, the car would still be stuck in the garage with me still working on hardware changes. Its great to have someone this knowledgeable able to fix an issue that has plagued the car for so long. I know people like to jump on the DM bandwagon, but I can't recommend Etuners highly enough for custom remote tuning

Hey I'm on that DM bandwagon...and not happy so far ftl, but he'll be working on it at sowo lol

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
There is no preregistration this year. Just gotta show up

good to know. Maybe i'll be in the field after all. Car still needs some minor hardware reworking, the line I ran from the valve cover to the exhaust is pushing out too much oil under wot. It looks like I did a fat burnout whenever im hard into boost (well sometimes I am doign a fat burnoutin boost, but the oil also contributes). Stock lpfp is also in for testing, going to swap back over to the 044 after we confirm the pump wasnt part of the issue. Still rocking 4x4 status and the car hasnt been washed in weeks. I'd still like to put another 250 miles of break-in on it before driving south so I have alot of work to do.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
ugggggh can't wait.

My subie is probably going to be a little out of place in the helendorf parking lot though :frown:

613B6

Ready to race!
Good to hear! Your going to find its not the line size for the breather thats an issue, its just how they fuction. I had one on my turbo honda 10 years ago and took it off because I was tired of an oilly hatch. They work well for NA setups, but introduce boost and its a mess. Best of luck with the rest of your tuning.